Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arrived at work this morning

JonMad

I agree - nice looking car. You must be over the moon. :)

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Very nice indeed!

I've got a 5-door Zetec and I noticed that the silver trim along the bottom of the window just in front of the wing mirror on my car does not flow smoothly into the silver trim along the bottom of the window on the door itself. Yours does not seem to suffer from that problem.

Hmmm...wonder what's gone wrong there on mine!

Thanks for all the comments B)

Yes, I'm looking forward to enjoying it. First blue (blueish) car for me as almost everything else has been silver or white. And my toy (more pics) is silver as well ;)

It (She) is a 1.6 TDCi Titanium with Tech Pack, F/R parking sensors and driver's lumbar support. So far I have driven about 200 yards, from the front of the office to the car park. Mileage is reading 6 :lol:

Hopefully my girlfriend will enjoy it as well as she found the 3 series too big.

Whoa whoa whoa. So you had a 3 series, now you've got a CLK55 AMG and a fiesta?! 0-60 in 5.2 seconds... and a fiesta! Actually I'll be interested to hear how you get on downsizing from something like a 3 series to the little Ford. If I'm anything to go by you'll love it. :lol:

What a splendid looking Fez Jon.....niiiiiiice!!

I'm also pleased you stuck with the Titanium wheels too....they look classy!!

A pig to keep clean LOL...but classy nonetheless.

Enjoy.

Whoa whoa whoa. So you had a 3 series, now you've got a CLK55 AMG and a fiesta?! 0-60 in 5.2 seconds... and a fiesta! Actually I'll be interested to hear how you get on downsizing from something like a 3 series to the little Ford. If I'm anything to go by you'll love it. :lol:

:lol: yep. Fiesta (company lease car) will cost 200 quid less a month to run than the 3 series. That could either pay for fuel for the Merc to run that every day, or pay for the Fiesta!

Looking forward to it. I like cars in general so a pointy, fwd economical and nice looking hatchback should be just the thing. 3 series was great but if I got another one I'd get a Touring and 16" wheels. From limited experience so far the Fiesta is much smoother e.g. over spped bumps, than my old 17"s with run flats.

p.s. you're spot on with your numbers, according to a GPS test I did on a private road (60 in 5.2, 100 in 12.7)

:lol: yep. Fiesta (company lease car) will cost 200 quid less a month to run than the 3 series. That could either pay for fuel for the Merc to run that every day, or pay for the Fiesta!

Looking forward to it. I like cars in general so a pointy, fwd economical and nice looking hatchback should be just the thing. 3 series was great but if I got another one I'd get a Touring and 16" wheels. From limited experience so far the Fiesta is much smoother e.g. over spped bumps, than my old 17"s with run flats.

p.s. you're spot on with your numbers, according to a GPS test I did on a private road (60 in 5.2, 100 in 12.7)

Run flats are notoriously crap, but do agree, the Fiesta has great manners on British roads.

Cooooooolllll! What 3 series did you have? I was initially looking at a 2003/2004 ish e46 330d instead of my Fez, due to the hurculean torque, rapidness, luxury, all the equipment you could want and decent looks. In the end a combination of really expensive insurance (I'm only 21), the worry that something major (like auto gearbox) would go wrong and test driving the new Fez made me change my mind. Just need to save up for the mountune kit now to make the performance a bit more lively. God I wish I had that AMG for overtaking! :D

Cooooooolllll! What 3 series did you have? I was initially looking at a 2003/2004 ish e46 330d instead of my Fez, due to the hurculean torque, rapidness, luxury, all the equipment you could want and decent looks. In the end a combination of really expensive insurance (I'm only 21), the worry that something major (like auto gearbox) would go wrong and test driving the new Fez made me change my mind. Just need to save up for the mountune kit now to make the performance a bit more lively. God I wish I had that AMG for overtaking! :D

Moi?

Still got an E46 M3. No run flats on that.

Moi?

Still got an E46 M3. No run flats on that.

I think the question was about my old one, which was a 320d, for CO2 reasons. M3.. B)

I think the question was about my old one, which was a 320d, for CO2 reasons. M3.. B)

Great idea that quote button, if people bothered to use it. :lol:

Sorry, it's because I dug the thread up from yesterday and assumed that I'd get the first reply in but you were too speedy!

P.s I appreciate the irony of not quoting your previous post in this one Keith. :lol: How is the M3 anyway? Got any pics of it anywhere?

Sorry, it's because I dug the thread up from yesterday and assumed that I'd get the first reply in but you were too speedy!

P.s I appreciate the irony of not quoting your previous post in this one Keith. :lol: How is the M3 anyway? Got any pics of it anywhere?

I think I've took about 3 pics since I've had it to be honest, which is strange as I seem to take pics of everything else. Here's one I did when I was away on me hols. It's a superb car, but as you will probably realise, very, very costly to run. For example, I replaced the rear tyres earlier this year and it cost £430 and that was with haggling. It's now ready for two more rears and two fronts, which is gonna cost another £600+. It costs more than the wife and that's saying something. ;)

DSCF1400.jpg

And a couple of the photos the dealer had when it was advertised.

M3-070_07bb2ae2160a8e18c405cf9bbb09.jpg

M3-067_b27a702eb7b3e0a66c7c800e89d9.jpg

Ahhh E46 M3 B) One of few non-Ford cars i'd ever consider buying, and still would :)

But it'd have to be in that flat powder blue colour!!! B)

UNless i could get a CSL, in which case colour would be insignificant :P

Ahhh E46 M3 B) One of few non-Ford cars i'd ever consider buying, and still would :)

But it'd have to be in that flat powder blue colour!!! B)

UNless i could get a CSL, in which case colour would be insignificant :P

The Laguna Seca Blue is a lovely colour and rare.

A lad on the M3 Cutters forum has just written off his CSL at the ring, uninsured too. :o

He's stripped it down and selling the parts off to recover some dosh.

Yeah the general running expenses were what put me off holding out for a 330d. The e46 is still a lovely car though, love the quad exhausts on the M3, the noise of the straight six full throttle is something else. :)

The e46 is ... a lovely car though, love the quad exhausts on the M3, the noise of the straight six full throttle is something else. :)

Agreed.

But V8s are also nice ;)

Fiesta so far proving very acceptable indeed. Got the bluetooth hooked up to my phone, got a folding SD card in the USB slot. Enjoyed the folding seats on a run to the tip and the heated screen after leaving the car at the station til 1am the first day I had it, and letting it get covered in snow.

Also highly enjoying the relatively free-revving engine, the pedal spacing for heel and toe changes, the nice precise and quite short gearshift and the steering wheel is pleasant to hold as well - with the smooth bits on the side spokes and there's a particularly nice curve going under the back from the bottom spoke (err, if that's not too geeky :) )

Agreed.

But V8s are also nice ;)

Fiesta so far proving very acceptable indeed. Got the bluetooth hooked up to my phone, got a folding SD card in the USB slot. Enjoyed the folding seats on a run to the tip and the heated screen after leaving the car at the station til 1am the first day I had it, and letting it get covered in snow.

Also highly enjoying the relatively free-revving engine, the pedal spacing for heel and toe changes, the nice precise and quite short gearshift and the steering wheel is pleasant to hold as well - with the smooth bits on the side spokes and there's a particularly nice curve going under the back from the bottom spoke (err, if that's not too geeky :) )

I agree that one of the best features of the Fez is the heated windscreen, it's wonderfully useful on so many occasions. In fact I don't really understand why Ford are quite rare in doing heated windscreens across the range. Also, you're not a geek for liking the steering wheel! Good bit of design from Ford, purposely designing the interior so all the common touch points - steering wheel, stalks, lighting knob, stereo and heating controls are really nicely tactile. Just don't touch any of the lower trim pieces...they'll take your hands off! :D

Glad you're enjoying the car too mate, especially seeing as you're coming into it from a new 3-series - high praise indeed! :)