3 replies to this topic

#1 lucas1787

lucas1787

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

What are you getting brim to brim with a manual MPG calculation? My fuel needles in all three Fords have been rather optimistic on the second half of the tank and brutal on the first third!

If I trust my needle, I would only get 400 miles to a tank by the first quarter mark, but by the end of the tank, I get over 600.

#3 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

me too...mine also drops from a 1/4 to nout in 10miles...seriously!!!

#4 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

me too...mine also drops from a 1/4 to nout in 10miles...seriously!!!

Same! I was driving other day like 'ooo fuel light just beeped but got quarter tank (50 Miles on Range) so i'll go after work'
Few min later said i had next to nothing!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users