Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

lucas1787

Not good on Fuel-Whats your views??

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

What are you getting brim to brim with a manual MPG calculation? My fuel needles in all three Fords have been rather optimistic on the second half of the tank and brutal on the first third!

If I trust my needle, I would only get 400 miles to a tank by the first quarter mark, but by the end of the tank, I get over 600.

me too...mine also drops from a 1/4 to nout in 10miles...seriously!!!

Same! I was driving other day like 'ooo fuel light just beeped but got quarter tank (50 Miles on Range) so i'll go after work'

Few min later said i had next to nothing!