Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

lucas1787

Not good on Fuel-Whats your views??

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

Hi, I have had my C-Max for a month now and I have to say its the worst car on fuel, I have ever driven. I have a focus 1.6zetec and I have done 70 miles and the gauge has hardly moved.Doing the same in the C-MAX, its almost below 3/4 of a tank.I know my C-MAX is a 1.8 and a bigger car, but I had a Volvo S40 1.8i and it was far better on fuel, than this. I know theres a lot of factors that play a part in fuel economy, but my journeys are the same as they have always been. Does anyone else have this problem?

Owner of 1.8ghia 04plate C-MAX

What are you getting brim to brim with a manual MPG calculation? My fuel needles in all three Fords have been rather optimistic on the second half of the tank and brutal on the first third!

If I trust my needle, I would only get 400 miles to a tank by the first quarter mark, but by the end of the tank, I get over 600.

me too...mine also drops from a 1/4 to nout in 10miles...seriously!!!

Same! I was driving other day like 'ooo fuel light just beeped but got quarter tank (50 Miles on Range) so i'll go after work'

Few min later said i had next to nothing!