Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Learner driving schools and there cars.

jace1969

Just seen a BSM car and its a 308 Peugeot but the thing is it was manual but how do they get on as its got the auto brake as i have driven

one of these a nice few times and very weird to drive,you will never roll back on hill starts etc.

How is this classed if you pass your test in it,can you drive any car.

Unfortunately you can pass your test in a car with "hill-start" (or whatever each manufacturer calls theirs) and then drive anything else afterwards.  Hence why I say that people should be made to at least practice in an older car before taking the test, or better yet take the test in a car with no "driver aids" (ABS, TC etc...). 

Every new car has hill start assist, have done for the last few years.

You'd likely fail your test if you used it as you are expected to apply the handbrake for hill starts.

• Like 1

The amount of tech in cars these days, I would have loved to have all this in my test! Prime example would be a reverse camera, practically ever learner car has one these days (around here).

My god doing parallel parking and reverse around thhe corner would have been a hell of alot easier! 

Even seen a BMW 5 series as a AA driving school car and thats kitted out with tech 

A driving school near where my family lives uses BMW X1's as tuition vehicles. If you're wondering, it's obviously in Surrey lol

• Like 2

But does cars with ''hill start'' it can be turned on or off as this 308 its there all the time,its a weird thing as there is no option and need

a brake there just for the sake of it as then i can put it on if i need to,cars these days.

The work vans have hill-hold as standard.

The cynic in me says that's because they fudged the handbrake position, meaning if you have the seat in the highest position, you have to bend almost 90 degrees to the right to put the handbrake on/off! (Peugeot Boxers). Obviously a faff if you're on a hill trying to use the throttle and find the biting point!

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 9:23 AM, alexp999 said:

Every new car has hill start assist, have done for the last few years.

You'd likely fail your test if you used it as you are expected to apply the handbrake for hill starts.

Exactly this, you're expected to use the handbrake whether or not the car has hill assist. My car has it, but didn't realise until I passed my test! 

So aint it weird now,you can pass your test in a 308 (BSM) no handbrake and jump into a car with one so then you roll back and hit the car behind.

People these days can only get a cheap first car so it would not have the hill start,i never had it or i don't think i would use it if i had it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club