Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's an oil leak! Help for fix

jimjamyaha

Hey,

Car has been drinking oil for past 6 months or so. Checked it wasn't burning it.

Finally got round for the UV dye test... After a 20min drive can clearly see where the leak is coming from (see attached pics). A bit of a relief as thought it was coming from much higher from the top of the engine or PVC pipes or oil filter, but that must be black road gunk all above.

Is this a oil pan gasket leak? How fixable are these on a MK2 Petrol... A pain?

Thanks.1489249915744.jpg1489249942422.jpg

difficult to say. it could be the oil seal at the end of the cranskshaft behind the flywheel (unless I am misunderstanding what I see in the picture)

difficult to say. it could be the oil seal at the end of the cranskshaft behind the flywheel (unless I am misunderstanding what I see in the picture)

Hey, if it helps from this pic the bolthead side is on the oil pan side, the side where the drip is coming from is on the next section.1489262817882.thumb.jpg.35d27d8ae7491121

Out of interest does this section get removed when a clutch is replaced?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club