Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ebay watching - Is it just me ...

Dagger

Ebay Watching  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you sit for hours looking through Ebay

Hi

Do you sit for hours looking through eBay, or clicking on the watch button as you're not too sure if you should buy it yet

Or is it just me ???

• Like 2

Ditto.
Got about 60 watched items.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Deffo used to, though hardly these days.

I use my watch list as a wish list, it's full of bits for my Focus

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

I use my watch list as a wish list, it's full of bits for my Focus

LOL Just like mine at the mo 

• Like 2

don`t do hours, just 15mins every few days, got about 30 watch items and like to see if the prices have gone up or down on them lol :w00t:

• Like 1

I do unfortunately...  Mostly for 405 parts which I don't really need but am tempted to buy "in advance" of them breaking on mine just in case they go obsolete when I do need them!

Ah, the joys of having an old Peugeot!! :laugh:

• Like 2

Sadly yes looking for genuine service parts and bits for my Mondeo and the wife's Fiesta but she still goes a bit nutty when I buy something so I can't win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

LOL Just like mine at the mo 

Yep! i'm the same as i have several items in my watch list for my Focus although i don't actually need anything right now i know i will eventually ..

25 minutes ago, Kawasaki kid said:

Sadly yes looking for genuine service parts and bits for my Mondeo and the wife's Fiesta but she still goes a bit nutty when I buy something so I can't win.

My wife doesn't mind me at all looking and watching but as soon as i've ordered an item on my list and tell her it's more than a fiver she glares at me :huh: ..

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Hi

Do you sit for hours looking through Ebay, or clicking on the watch button as you're not too sure if you should buy it yet

Or is it just me ???

I have around twenty items in my eBay watchlist which I plan to purchase in the future mostly various lengths of TV cables and home furniture items, used to be car parts 

I always check for the lowest price then again before purchasing, I also don't like having more than two pages of watched items as it makes me feel my goals are becoming unachievable 😁

I do if I think of something I want but know I can't afford it anytime soon! I have about 60 or so items

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just checking my watch list and I have about 20 items duplicated different tablets, head units, camera recording units etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeebowhite said:

Just checking my watch list and I have about 20 items duplicated different tablets, head units, camera recording units etc

Speaking of Tablets as in the computer type; if looking for a good tablet for the kids I highly recommend the amazon Fire HD 7th Generation Tablet as it has built in parental control software which allows you to set rules and times which the tablet won't allow them to use it.

I've set it to switch off at 7pm until 10am Monday to Friday 

then Saturday and Sunday its capable of being on from 5am until 9pm 

The daily usage limit which I have set is maximum 2 hours 

it helps ensure they don' stay on it too long and they can't download apps I need to log in to do that and the web browser only allows access to pre defined web addresses which you also set up yourself it's brilliant.

Also has a magnetic case sold separately which automatically switches off the tablet when the case is closed, so the kids don't need to switch it off.

Ours have kindle fire but not HD

I just registered them in their names and locked down the software so they need a security pattern to open apps that I don't want them to access. And if they need the pattern they come to me and I supervise whatever they think they need.

Kindle are good tablets and reasonably priced for kids! Just uselessness in car use like my dash droid

• Like 1

I have found out in the past to my cost that eBay and a few drinks of an evening can be a bit expensive lol 

• Like 3

I don't have a watch list but I do like looking/drooling over old American muscle cars esp Mustangs and 1950s pickups etc! Can't see me ever being able to afford anything in that category but it costs nothing to dream :sad:

39 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't have a watch list but I do like looking/drooling over old American muscle cars esp Mustangs and 1950s pickups etc! Can't see me ever being able to afford anything in that category but it costs nothing to dream :sad:

Yes, me too.  I prefer the old 1970s/80s saloon cars, such as the Ford Granada, Crown Victoria, LTD etc...  Would love to get my hands on one, but like you I can't see it ever happening!!  Even if it did, I'd need a second job just to put petrol in it as they average around 15-20MPG at best.

• Like 2

Yes a lot of times,most times to see what things sell for like cars or if im after an item i will put a selection of them.

have watch list over 200 listing mostly car related but also classic audi from 80/90's just cant help myself :tongue:

• Like 1

I have to admit going bowling and to the cheating arcade gets expensive... The 2p machines were the worst...

I probably spend in total a couple of hours updating my watch list, if I were to add it up.

I have 6 pages of 100 items on my watch list, most of which are there in case I need them some time later. Some are watching to see what things go for, before i list a similar item.  A handful are actual, "going to snipe bid this in the closing seconds" that I will buy.

In addition to that, I  have 4 separate wish lists, varying between 12 and 276 items, which aren't so much wishes: but to separate watches of genuine OE parts, for each car, and the a couple of lists for specific categories.

I essentially use the watch/wish list instead of bookmarking hundreds of sellers in my browser and having an unwieldy bookmark tab:laugh:

• Like 1

Well thanks to this forum, that's another 3 things added today 😩

• Like 3