Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

FORD FAIR – SILVERSTONE – 6TH AUGUST 2017

Join us on the Ford Owners Club stand at Ford Fair, Silverstone on Sunday 6th August 2017.

Click this link to find out more

• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

D13 HPD 95

D13HPD ST-2

53 posts in this topic

Yh the pin strips went not going for the look now it's done to much, going for the clean look, I like these team heko ones more than the climair ones, I had those on my golf and they are really broad stick out a lot these are slim are hardly notice they are on tbh, I'd go for then mine were only £25 delivered for front and rears!! Well I adjusted the bonnet stoppers, I've spoken to a few people and they've said it was to aim air flow but I can't see what it's going to help tbh, like I have the big mouth Intake which scoops the air up into my CAI, the intercooler and rad are in the bottom and centre grill so there's nothing left to cook down really apart from ambient temps but my engine bay ain't that hot any more tbh, plus I've got a couple of things planned which will only Benicit the temps ;) 
cheers for the kind comments, I'd adjust the bonnet so it looks closed like it should do.

had te plugs installed the ones that came out had done 35k not really that black but now I'm not sure if it's in my head or not but it seems to pick up revs quicker?? And idles better a lot more crispy sounding probs just me thinking I've spent £45 on them so they must have made an Improvment
Also forgot to mention painted the door grab plastics gloss black, just got to work out how to get the steering wheel V off to paint
IMG_2301.thumb.JPG.5987b58b7bc953c54bfaa9cc16bf0df6.JPG
IMG_2302.thumb.JPG.ebed737d497f85c6af15dbd0f38e602d.JPG

The grab handles look really good, I wonder if the outer edges of the door (open) handle tray would look good in gloss leaving the inner untouched. Those plugs are supposed to be some of the best on the market, over on the sköda forum they really rave about them. I wouldn't be surprised if you can notice a difference at idle.

I have to say the clean look is really working, are you still thinking of replacing the front splitter? I think it needs the black lip at the front to bring symmetry back. The thin mud flaps look smart, half way between rally and standard. I ended up buying the Team Heko wind deflectors, looking forward to getting them beginning of next week. After months of promising myself I would hardwire my dashcam in I finally did it the other day so I'm on a roll now lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did think that Jonro about the exit handles but I have no idea how to take them apart, and I'd be without opening the car from the inside while I painted them so would maybe need a second set and sell them over, not sure but it's one I'll look into, the front is a bit of a dilemma atm, I've spoken to mountune and they won't be getting any of the cup spoilers in stock for a while and I left them my details for when they do but it could be 9+ weeks till they do! So I'm torn between cup spoilers and mou tune lower centre bar or do I get another splitter either the same or the racing one with the rods on the grill, for now I'm going to get the side skirts next pay day and then leave the front for a while until I make my mind up haha 

In the mean time I'm sure I can feel a difference with the plugs pulls harder never had wheel spin in third before on a dry road warm tyres and now I do?

27th and 30th May are going to be the next BIG updates with mods planned ;) so look out

and yh you'll love the deflectors I do just adds that little bit of a touch on the sides and dash cam is something I still need to get 😂 Another month lol 

I'm not sure how they would come out either, I'd guess there is something behind the circular cover at the back of the trim. I like the old splitter you had on but I always think that replacing like for like is a wasted opportunity the splitters with rods reminds me of Honda, I don't know why. I had wheel spin in third once, it had been snowing. 27th seems an awful long way off now. I got shipping info today, my deflectors should be here on Tuesday if you are planning to get a dashcam then my recommendation would be a BlackVue, they aren't cheap but they are very discreet and great quality.

Is your car Keyless? If it is have you considered the security? A car as good looking as yours would surely be eye candy for any thief. Saying that it wouldn't exactly blend in if it was being looked out for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk