Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazjs

My Mk6 drivers door is holding water!!! Help :(

12 posts in this topic

As of today, my drivers door is holding water, is swooshes around when i break and accelerate. How do i get it out?, find out where it came from :(

I had a MK6.5 for 2 years, apparently this was a common problem.

There are 2(?) small rectangular holes at the bottom of the door, on the inside at the weld point. They get clogged with road dirt, mine was after about a year. You just need to get a cloth/tissue and wipe the crud away, the water will come out by itself then. Just keep on top of it to stop serious damage. I've not actually checked my MK7 to see if it has the same

I had a MK6.5 for 2 years, apparently this was a common problem.

There are 2(?) small rectangular holes at the bottom of the door, on the inside at the weld point. They get clogged with road dirt, mine was after about a year. You just need to get a cloth/tissue and wipe the crud away, the water will come out by itself then. Just keep on top of it to stop serious damage. I've not actually checked my MK7 to see if it has the same

Thank you very much,

On going out and trying this, with a bucket underneath ;) i collected quarter of a bucket!!!

Seemed to be Slushy ice blocking the hole.

Thank you once again, will get out tomorrow and give them a proper clean.

Is it worth drilling a few more holes?

No problem, glad to be of help when I can.

Probably best not add any holes :D !

Just check the passenger side too.

Will go out tommorow in the daylight and give them all a wee poke :ph34r::lol:

Wanted to get rid of it tonight in case it froze :lol:

Oh yeah, good idea. You don't want a sheet of ice buggering up your window/speaker/locking etc.!!

yeah, don't drill, will rust then...piece of stiff wire or pipe cleaners are good for them holes!! :)

I just wonder how it got in there in the first place :blink:

it can run down between glass and seal quite easily....each time you put wet window down think where the water goes....condesation too easily builds up...hence drain holes!!

:)

Well hopefully sorted this out today.

Cleaned out the holes on both doors with cotton buds and pipe cleaners, finished this off by clay barring, polishing and waxing the sills etc (For no reason apart from boredom :lol: )

Well hopefully sorted this out today.

Cleaned out the holes on both doors with cotton buds and pipe cleaners, finished this off by clay barring, polishing and waxing the sills etc (For no reason apart from boredom :lol: )

cool...you musta been frozid!!

Yup :lol:

Noticed a fair few icicles hanging from the bottom of car ha.