Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye faithful friend!

pky

Today's the day my faithful friend is going to the big scrap pile in the sky. After 220,000, the day has come. After another power steering leak amongst some other issues it had to end. Never left me stranded! 

Now driving a '14 Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi 170. Quicker than the old girl by nature and handles well enough but just not the same. 

Just want to say thank you for everyone's help on this forum. Great resource and kept me on the road on a limited budget and improved my knowledge no end. 

I'll be back!

• Like 3

Good luck with your new car mate..

You'll always be welcome back, it's the helpful friendliest forum I've ever joined.

• Like 3

I had a Skoda Octavia, pretty damned good car, but stay well clear of a Fabia. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

Good luck with your new car mate..

You'll always be welcome back, it's the helpful friendliest forum I've ever joined.

It's the only car forum I've ever joined - get all the info i need + am learning so much. You've heard of Rags to riches; well on the DIY car scale, i went from Retarded to Ratchets ......Brilliant place!

9 hours ago, pky said:

Today's the day my faithful friend is going to the big scrap pile in the sky. After 220,000, the day has come. After another power steering leak amongst some other issues it had to end. Never left me stranded! 

Now driving a '14 Skoda Yeti 2.0 tdi 170. Quicker than the old girl by nature and handles well enough but just not the same. 

Just want to say thank you for everyone's help on this forum. Great resource and kept me on the road on a limited budget and improved my knowledge no end. 

I'll be back!

All the best!

• Like 2

Just because you've changed your motor doesn't mean you can't stop by once in a while and good luck with your new motor ;) ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E TEA 66 said:

Just because you've changed your motor doesn't mean you can't stop by once in a while and good luck with your new motor ;) ..

+1

You've got knowledge to share, you'll never want to leave this place knowing someone else will appreciate that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Albert27 said:

It's the only car forum I've ever joined - get all the info i need + am learning so much. You've heard of Rags to riches; well on the DIY car scale, i went from Retarded to Ratchets ......Brilliant place!

All the best!

If this forum ever gets a "testimonials" section, that has to be at the top of the list!! :laugh:

• Like 3

My 2010 1.6tdci focus has 240,000km on the clock and it's still on the factory turbo 😁😂😁😥🎉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

My 2010 1.6tdci focus has 240,000km on the clock and it's still on the factory turbo

I think i should come to this party.  Mine is at 142,000 miles and is also still on the original turbo.  Happy days! :biggrin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

I think i should come to this party.  Mine is at 142,000 miles and is also still on the original turbo.  Happy days! :biggrin:

✋Hi 5

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

✋Hi 5

:yahoo:

• Like 1

I've enjoyed reading something positive about the 1.6 tdci's. When I was looking for something new, after reading how much they needed nursing I discounted looking at them. Everything will last if you look after it.

I can report that after a week that my grandad-wagon is quite good fun. One fun fact is on the Yeti forum I think I might be the youngest at 36 :laugh:. It's begging for a remap though. For a weekend I had a borrowed tuning box on and that was fun!

If you see a Yeti travelling faster than say 46 MPH then wave because it's probably me.

• Like 1

☝Guess who's back 😅

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club