Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To anyone considering venturing out in the snow...

FMC

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• Michael P

• Flic

• KeithC

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I posted in the wrong thread? haha, anyway I vote for Keith, I'm finding these posts pretty funny!!

Well, what can I say, I'm humbled.

firstly I would like to thank the wife, without her none of this could have happened, oh and me mam and I suppose me dad as well, they had a big part in it as well. It wasn't a threesome mind, my wife never knew me mam and dad until she met me, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Secondly, and more importantly, I would like to thank Jonny for nominating me and accepting the 34 bribes I have sent him over the last 4 months. Brings a tear to my eyes and a lump in my throat, the first one anyway, think the second was one of the wife's dumplings. That's not a metaphor by the way, really, I'm having beef stew and dumplings for tea.

I just hope I can carry the mantle through 2010 and pass it on to a worthy recipient in 2011.

God bless you all.

That was a bit short wasn't it... I was expecting a 2hour acceptance speech!

DSC02694.jpg

DSC02693.jpg

This is how my little Fezzy ended up ha. I dug it out this morning!

Perhaps that explains why Penistone is shut till next week!!!

HEY, MII, leave my mate alone. (Sang to the tune of The Wall)

*Sings tune*

erm, fine :)

Chris that pictures awesome :P

A55 services?? haha

yer mate that hill was a beast to get up in this weather!

Perhaps that explains why Penistone is shut till next week!!!

Pretty much like that round here. Just nipped out to the car and almost went A over T on the ice that had frozen out the front door whuich had dripped off the porch thingy.

I think a few more people should take heed of the Governments' request that we look after our neighbours during the cold spell. Take the 90 year old bloke next door from me, not been to check on me once he hasnt , and he hasnt even been out for his milk for 3 days....Lazy sod.

I think a few more people should take heed of the Governments' request that we look after our neighbours during the cold spell. Take the 90 year old bloke next door from me, not been to check on me once he hasnt , and he hasnt even been out for his milk for 3 days....Lazy sod.

:lol:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:)

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol:

I second that nomination for member of the week, or whatever it was :P

Brilliant :lol:

That's right up my twisted sense of humour, gave me a !Removed! good laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just come back after an hour's walk around the village checking grit boxes - found one almost full to the brim! :D

So i've been busy gritting the rear lane and side access to the main road as i couldn't get the Fiesta out this morning, instead needing to go the opposite direction along the length of the street along the back lane, with the Fiesta on opposite lock for some of the way :lol:

I find that the Fiesta struggles badly on the compact ice on an untreated surface, but hopefully i won't have any more problems since my act of grit and determination! :lol:

Ventured out in the Fiesta for the first time today, (had to as we have run out of food) Despite the areas of thick snow, compacted glass like ice and the usual tram lines on partially thawed roads the car did extremely well with the rather wide 16inch wheels (it's a 1.4 Titanium). I had over inflated the front tyres by about 20% which did seem to help in fact the worse part was digging the 10 or so inches of snow off the driveway which took forever. Very impressed that the Fiesta will even pull away in 3rd gear when needed without even a hint of complaint. Other drivers though are a worry the number of cars moving around with only their windscreens cleared, with snow falling off all over the place and then skidding through junctions due to moving too quickly, makes me think staying off the roads is a good idea. Then on the way back I was following a bus down the incline into the estate where I live, he floored it down the hill, flew straight through the mini roundabout causing a motorist with right of way to emergency brake, hit his own brakes too hard and lost the rear end. I don't know how the bus managed to not sideswipe the line of cars parked on the opposite side must have been milimeters to spare only. He couldn't get traction again after stopping so he was blocking the road, fortunately I could cut through the pub carpark to make my way home. Another reason not to venture out too much I can handle it but there are too many poorl trained idiots out there who can't.

Just come back after an hour's walk around the village checking grit boxes - found one almost full to the brim! :D

So i've been busy gritting the rear lane and side access to the main road as i couldn't get the Fiesta out this morning, instead needing to go the opposite direction along the length of the street along the back lane, with the Fiesta on opposite lock for some of the way :lol:

I find that the Fiesta struggles badly on the compact ice on an untreated surface, but hopefully i won't have any more problems since my act of grit and determination! :lol:

Very good work :D

I tried taking grit from a box but got chased from the neighbours claiming it was only for there use and no one elses :lol:

A night time trip may be in order :ph34r:

Very good work :D

I tried taking grit from a box but got chased from the neighbours claiming it was only for there use and no one elses :lol:

A night time trip may be in order :ph34r:

You should have told them to pay for ALL your council bills as well then! As they own the council supplied grit :rolleyes:

I made it up to the village supermarket fine, just my 20 mile trip to work tomorrow now......

Cho is stuck in show at the bottom of the drive again. Tried 2nd and 3rd and she won't shift. Will dig her out (again) in the morning. I hadn't noticed, but there's some drifting along the lane, and it had blown onto my drive and so when I drove Cho through it got stuck up against the front of the car and now it won't move.

That's one of the biggest problems I've had round here is how low the car is. The lane at the back the house that leads onto my drive (and nothing else...) is really like a farm yard track which rises in the middle. With the snow on top of that the car ends up like a beached whale and won't move anywhere. I need to put it on stilts!

One more tip from me:

I had to clean the windscreen today becasue there was a lot of road salt "dust" making it difficult to see, especially early this morning with the low-lying sun. So i used some Autoglym Fast Glass and 2 micofibre cloths (one for the initial mucky wipe, second clean one to remove the residue). I've now left the cloths and bottle in a plastic bag in the boot, so if i need to clean the screen at all i have the equipment on hand. I also cleaned the rear screen too: made for a hell of a difference when picking the missus up from work in the dark - fewer things i hate more than poor visibilty from dirty windows!

All this was to avoid trying to use the almost-certainly frozend washers, becasue at -3°C, even a gentle squirt was likely to cause a smeared screen and made it impossible to see, 'Game over', if you please lol

Also a good idea to keep a roll of kitchen paper in the boot as well, always handy for wiping things over, such as lights ;)

HTH

:)

hi

i managed to get my fiesta to dealers to have my bonnet realined and have reversing sensors fitted to see my first fiesta which i returned many faults, in a poor state due to driver error(salesman) crashed in the snow new bonnet , bumper and head light,

given -8 tonight :(

hi

i managed to get my fiesta to dealers to have my bonnet realined and have reversing sensors fitted to see my first fiesta which i returned many faults, in a poor state due to driver error(salesman) crashed in the snow new bonnet , bumper and head light,

Never a good sight to see an old car of yours in a sorry state is it? I occasionally see my old Mk6 Fiesta Black (now belonging to a guy living 2 miles away) - and it looks utter !Removed! now poor thing :( (might as well be crashed although that's got to be the most sickening sight ever!)

Pouly you're in Buckley arn't you? I'm the other side of Wrexham and its -4 at the moment already here!

hi

wtf? Ford crashed your car?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club