Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Auto Stop/Start

kelvin1950

12 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Mine is an Auto and it simply doesn't allow you to get out with the start stop in stop mode. I park in my drive and the engine cuts out and there's something psychological that tells your brain you just need to get out but as soon as you try, the engine fires up. I'm getting used to that fact now and the green light on the start/stop button tells me that the ignition is still on, so even though the engine is off, I still need to press the button to prevent it jumping back into life. It may be that it's a safety feature. If you have armed the ignition with the button and your passive key, then if you leave the vehicle without disarming it (with the button) then you could get out the car without the engine restarting and someone else could get in the car and simply drive off. It's annoying in one sense but actually a good safety feature. 

yep that's it! it's summat i'll get used to i'm sure

12 hours ago, Hamster said:

If somebody has time, try this. Start Car and run normally, turn off auto stop using switch in centre console. Pull of trim along side of centre console and disconnect multi-plug on switch with the engine running. The car thinks the switch is faulty so it disables the auto-stop permanently.

I don't know if this puts any warning lights on or if there are any other side effects but its worth a try.

H

rather not thanks!!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club