Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

FOC Photography Thread

aph1101

So, since we're all (well most of us) covered in snow, I thought I'd start a thread so we could share some photos of the lovely weather :D

I'll start with a couple:

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

The rest of the album, if you're interested:Clicky clicky

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aph1101

• thesilverfox

• Michael P

• cyb

laaaaaaaaaavely! i haven't taken any yet, there's no snow!

Took one last night...but its on my phone...and not as good as yours so think i'll pass. Nice shots though, barely any snow here atm (Chester) :(

I would if it had snowed here :angry: <_<

Same! i'm guessing that you being in hereford is sort of, well, below stafford? same sorts of weather anyhow!

Well, here in peterborough, we're covered in snow.. a good 3 or 4 inches here.... it's been snowing heavily pretty much all day here :)

Same! i'm guessing that you being in hereford is sort of, well, below stafford? same sorts of weather anyhow!

no where near, bout 2hrs S/W of you,near the welsh border!!

google it...

no where near, bout 2hrs S/W of you,near the welsh border!!

google it...

I never claimed to be good at geography!

Took a few snaps while trudging to pretend to do some work at the office.

Some lovely shots there! Very sharp and nicely composed :D

What camera have you got?

Took one last night...but its on my phone...and not as good as yours so think i'll pass. Nice shots though, barely any snow here atm (Chester) :(

Im in wrexham only few miles from Chester.... no snow either :(

Great shots them mate!

no snow here in west wales, it never does, it is &#33;Removed&#33; freezing though

Some lovely shots there! Very sharp and nicely composed :D

What camera have you got?

A now very old 350D ... with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I got the 350D four and a half years ago now ... it's not that good really - it has aged badly.

It was mostly about 6 inches deep, but some parts were to my knees, as shown - a few spots were nearly waist deep in drifts!

Let me see if I can find a higher res copy around here. Don't know where I put the CF card now ... !

It's not snowy at all here. :( Saying that had I to leave the house this morning at half 6 and would have been a bit peed off with having to get the furry ice scraper out! Nice pics guys... by the way silver fox is that a Seat Leon?! :D

A now very old 350D ... with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I got the 350D four and a half years ago now ... it's not that good really - it has aged badly.

It was mostly about 6 inches deep, but some parts were to my knees, as shown - a few spots were nearly waist deep in drifts!

Let me see if I can find a higher res copy around here. Don't know where I put the CF card now ... !

They are fab quality pictures regardless of the age of the camera! I'm guessing the lens is newer... I really ought to get myself a prime, the quality is way better than that of zoom lenses...

I've got a 450D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and a 55-250mm IS f/4-5.6 and I absolutely love it... I got it for christmas last year and have barely put it down since :D

Well, the lens is an old design - been around forever it seems. It's okay - still disappointed with the Canon compared to the Nikon (D80 especially - it's seriously good), but I'm fine for now I suppose. If there was another thread for photography, I've got far better shots than these - I rushed and didn't spend a great deal of time taking them. Plus, photographing a lot of white without the tripod is like suicide really. Just digging a better image .. lol.

Yes, the neighbour's TDI FR in 'that' yellow.

This first one looks like a c*ck and pair of balls ... at least it did to me:

img1317n.jpg

img1313l.jpg

img1321j.jpg

edit: higher res link to the water drop http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1620/img1319ba.jpg

They are some lovely shots! I know what you mean about going without the tripod... I couldn't be bothered to take mine out with me... too cold!! I just wanted to get out and get in as quickly as I could. It started snowing really heavily when I was out, and that was playing havock with the AF on my lens. It hasn't got the fastest AF in the world, and that certainly didn't help!!

If you feel like posting some other shots, go for it! It would be good to get a photography thread going... If it takes off, I'm sure we can change the title of the thread..

Here's another couple of mine:

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

Edit: That water shot is amazing :D

You need to wean yourself off the AF in rain/snow, as the droplets will ruin it every time! Grab the 50mm prime lens - it's about £60 :) So is there a photography thread? Can't see one after a quick look, but no chance of me hijacking this one, lol.

You need to wean yourself off the AF in rain/snow, as the droplets will ruin it every time! Grab the 50mm prime lens - it's about £60 :) So is there a photography thread? Can't see one after a quick look, but no chance of me hijacking this one, lol.

I don't know of any photogrpahy thread... I think we could make this into one. I'll try and change the title.. If I can't, I'll try and get Dan to do it.

I should really have switched to MF, but i couldn't feel my fingers :D I will look into the 50mm prime if it only costs that little!

I don't know of any photogrpahy thread... I think we could make this into one. I'll try and change the title.. If I can't, I'll try and get Dan to do it.

I should really have switched to MF, but i couldn't feel my fingers :D I will look into the 50mm prime if it only costs that little!

Exchange rate has pushed it up a bit :( Mine was £60~ last xmas. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-EF-50-1-8-Le...8553&sr=8-1

Also might want to move the thread to General Chat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club