1 reply to this topic

#1 Bobx1x

Bobx1x

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mondeo Tdci 130
Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hi can anyone help with this problem.

I have a 2006 Tdci Mondeo Zetec 130hp, have had problems with the engine holding onto the engine speed when changing gear.

After much investigation it has been found that the Cruise control is at fault, does anybody Know if this can be turned off, or as i understand it has its own cpu can this be dis connected or by passed.?

Any helpfull advice would be much appreciated.

Bobx1x :)
Merry Christmas to all :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hi can anyone help with this problem.

I have a 2006 Tdci Mondeo Zetec 130hp, have had problems with the engine holding onto the engine speed when changing gear.

After much investigation it has been found that the Cruise control is at fault, does anybody Know if this can be turned off, or as i understand it has its own cpu can this be dis connected or by passed.?

Any helpfull advice would be much appreciated.

Bobx1x :)
Merry Christmas to all :D

If you check the manual for the car, it should indicate if it has its own fuse. I would hazard a guess that you are able to remove it, so long as nothing else is using the fuse (unlikely).

Ideally, you'd want to get it looked at ... but could be pricey - best to investigate and find out.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users