Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5tdci rear silencer removal

midnighttd

Has anyone removed the rear silencer in a 1.5tdci exhaust and replaced it with a straight pipe?

• Like 1

Is that not the cat? Secondly you'd be making your car illegal as it would be louder than the factory specification.

Edit: Oh and you'll void your exhaust warranty :)

5 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Is that not the cat? Secondly you'd be making your car illegal as it would be louder than the factory specification.

Edit: Oh and you'll void your exhaust warranty :)

The cat and DPF are in the same chamber directly below the turbo inside the engine bay area.

the rear muffler is just that; it muffles the sound, removing it won't make a whole lot of difference to the exhaust tone or performace as the turbo spool sound will still be muffled and baffled by the 14" long ceramic honeycomb network of catylist and DPF filters with is fitted by law.

@midnighttd

it would be a tad louder maybe as loud as the 2.0TDCi model is as standard but making a vehicle louder isint illegal unless the levels were above 120db at a certain distance from the vehicle which isint really going to happen in a diesel which redlines at around 4500rpm

personally there's nothing to be gained by doing it and touching anything in the exhaust system of a modern diesel will only bring alot of suspicions when it comes to MOT.

• Like 1

All of the above i know.

Only looking to remove the rear silencer for a pipe down to twin tail pipes as a removeable replacement.

I know a fair amount about the exhaust having ran a few different vehicles with different stainless systems. 

Its easier to replace the box with a pipe and tail pipe than try to join onto original silencer.

Im only wondering if anyone has done it and if the noise was too loud.

My previous 3.0 jeep had a dpf back straight pipe that wasnt too loud.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club