Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch noise

Bagheera

Ready to post my first topic. ;)

For the last two weeks, there's this strange noise occurring at irregular intervals while I engage the clutch pedal in a bumper-to-bumper traffic. However, it loses its pace when speed accelerates. My car is mid-2007 model (counted as 2008 here) Focus 2 with interior facelift. I am the first-hand owner and have covered 40.000 km so far - sorry, I have no idea how many miles it makes. I am gonna have it checked at the local authorized dealer tomorrow morning. Any ideas what might happened?

see what dealer says first...sounds perhaps clutch bearing...but bit early really for that...again, see what they say! :)

Ready to post my first topic. ;)

For the last two weeks, there's this strange noise occurring at irregular intervals while I engage the clutch pedal in a bumper-to-bumper traffic. However, it loses its pace when speed accelerates. My car is mid-2007 model (counted as 2008 here) Focus 2 with interior facelift. I am the first-hand owner and have covered 40.000 km so far - sorry, I have no idea how many miles it makes. I am gonna have it checked at the local authorized dealer tomorrow morning. Any ideas what might happened?

Welcome to the forum Bagheera, Istanbul.....ah a most beautiful city, only been once but hoping to visit again. Our most memorable images of Istanbul. Watching the Whirling Dervishes in the cafe across from the Blue Mosque, followed by the call to prayer in the evening twilight. Run a close second making the acquaintance of "Reasonable Charlie" the carpet seller in the Grand Bazaar ;)

Cannot offer any advice regards your problem other than what IP has already suggested. Kilometres conversion to miles,that's an easier one though, 10,000 km = 6,000 miles as near as the cat licked it's bottom without biting it.

I had the clutch system checked this morning. As you might guess, we noticed nothing audible after a short test tour. I decided to end my service visit with having replaced front brake pads and a new fitted headlight bulb. I hate my car and other cars commuting around with a single headlight and/or a tail light.

And I paid about - hmm, conversion from TL to GBP - approx. 85-90 pounds for the brake pads. I wonder if the price is somewhat equivalent to what you folks pay in Britain.

I had the clutch system checked this morning. As you might guess, we noticed nothing audible after a short test tour. I decided to end my service visit with having replaced front brake pads and a new fitted headlight bulb. I hate my car and other cars commuting around with a single headlight and/or a tail light.

And I paid about - hmm, conversion from TL to GBP - approx. 85-90 pounds for the brake pads. I wonder if the price is somewhat equivalent to what you folks pay in Britain.

Last pads I had changed was on a mk1 1999 reg 1.8 Focus Zetec on 21st December last year. The reason I remember that actual date is, because ten days later another driver crossed onto our side of the road and hit us head on, both cars write off's. I'd just had a new clutch fitted the day previous to the brakes...bugger.

I did not use a Ford dealer, but a mechanic I've used for years. Front discs and pads replacement cost £100, new clutch £300, no receipts, so obviously cheaper for both parties :rolleyes: I did get a quote from a Ford dealer for renewing the clutch, that came in just over £500.

Last pads I had changed was on a mk1 1999 reg 1.8 Focus Zetec on 21st December last year. The reason I remember that actual date is, because ten days later another driver crossed onto our side of the road and hit us head on, both cars write off's. I'd just had a new clutch fitted the day previous to the brakes...bugger.

I did not use a Ford dealer, but a mechanic I've used for years. Front discs and pads replacement cost £100, new clutch £300, no receipts, so obviously cheaper for both parties :rolleyes: I did get a quote from a Ford dealer for renewing the clutch, that came in just over £500.

As I had extended the car's warranty until the oncoming year (2+1 package), I try to keep the car away from the private garages. But the price you mentioned above that the official dealer told you, is quite the same here, I guess.

here you can use private garages and not lose warranty...just gota do it right!

Clutch noise gone!?

Lucky you, then...

The noise, yes, awkwardly, it's gone, the technician and I couldn't hear anythin'; sure it will come back soon.

Lucky you, then...

The noise, yes, awkwardly, it's gone, the technician and I couldn't hear anythin'; sure it will come back soon.

I have a clutch bearing noise on mine, seems to be more when its cold and damp.In the summer I dont hear it.Has been like it for around 3yrs now,I took it to a garage and they said the clutch seems ok,just live with it, so I have for around 3yrs.Its a whistle as I pull away and does so until I change gear.Will stop after about 5mins mins of driving,but I get some funny looks as its quiet high pitched.

I have a clutch bearing noise on mine, seems to be more when its cold and damp.In the summer I dont hear it.Has been like it for around 3yrs now,I took it to a garage and they said the clutch seems ok,just live with it, so I have for around 3yrs.Its a whistle as I pull away and does so until I change gear.Will stop after about 5mins mins of driving,but I get some funny looks as its quiet high pitched.

This is my third winter with my current Focus, and I haven't noticed such a noise. The technician I spoke to, told me the exact thing you had been told - try to live with it, it's OK, nothing's wrong. I cover 50 kms (32 miles) a day and feel uncomfortable - that it might cause further faults.

This is my third winter with my current Focus, and I haven't noticed such a noise. The technician I spoke to, told me the exact thing you had been told - try to live with it, it's OK, nothing's wrong. I cover 50 kms (32 miles) a day and feel uncomfortable - that it might cause further faults.

Mine happeaned all of a sudden one day. I was told the only option was to strip out the clutch,which was going to cost £450 approx,due to the type of engine.I was worried silly about it when it first happeaned, but as the car runs fine and the clutch doesnt slip and that it only happeans when cold/damp,it doesnt bother me.Iam not saying yours has the same problem and if it makes you feel better to get it checked out,then do it sooner rather than later,but theres not much they can do, unless they strip it down.

Mine happeaned all of a sudden one day. I was told the only option was to strip out the clutch,which was going to cost £450 approx,due to the type of engine.I was worried silly about it when it first happeaned, but as the car runs fine and the clutch doesnt slip and that it only happeans when cold/damp,it doesnt bother me.Iam not saying yours has the same problem and if it makes you feel better to get it checked out,then do it sooner rather than later,but theres not much they can do, unless they strip it down.

I guess you're right. Despite the noise, it doesn't slip actually, it engages at the highest possible point. As you said, there's nothing much to do.