Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minor issues 2015 ST3

Hightower150

Ok so I have had my ST for 3 weeks now and i have a couple of issues. Firstly the engines fan is constantly on, is it supposed to be? Secondly and this is the one that is going to be a nightmare to describe to my Ford dealer, there is a noise coming from the rear of the car underneath that sounds like metal knocking on metal, like to metal bars hitting each other. However it doesn't do it all the time and not when I go over bumps or anything it just does it randomly but mainly when I am at low speed.I have also had it up in the air at a friends garage and nothing seemed to be loose. Just wanted to see if i could get any ideas before I take it back, thanks.

What engine? On my petrol ST i only hear the fan with the AC on this time of year.

For the suspension have you checked inside the "cup" the rear springs sit in? On a previous Focus i had a stone in there which would randomly cause the spring to twang.

Hi Alex, Its a 2.0 EcoBoost Petrol, my AC is on so do you think that is what is causing it? I will have a look at the cup, thanks for that. Are the cups easily accessible?

Try turning the AC off and the fan should shut up, mine can be quite noisy outside even if the blowers aren't moving much inside.

You can see the "cups" just looking under the rear bumper, I don't know the correct technical term, but it's what the rear springs sit in.

You probably can't get a good feel inside them without having it lifted off the ground though.

My local dealer sorted mine for me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Just thought I would let you know that the noise from the rear was the tyre pressure sensor in the rear right wheel it had sheared off at the screw :) Oh and turning the air con off stopped the fan from running constantly, thanks again.

• Like 2