Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glowplug light flashing, limp mode

Badman

I have had the glowplug light start flashing and car has gone into limp mode but there is no fault code stored in the computer so i am at a loss what to look at. I noticed that when engine is switched off then restarted some time later the flashing light is out and engine has power, if driven without a heavy foot on accelerator it will drive ok but as soon as accelerator is given some "welly" the car returns to limp mode but the glowplug light does not always come on.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Is your car a mk3? Check the cam shaft sensor, cheap and easy to replace.

did you check for fault codes before turning the ignition off as some codes disappear when you turn off, cam shaft sensor I recall is one of those

• Like 1

I had my fault code reader connected and in "live read " mode when it happened last but no fault showed on display. I do not get the problem every time I accelerate hard just most times!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club