• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PHILJOBOOBOO

PHILJOBOOBOO

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 mondeo tddi
Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

why has the glow plug light started to come back on just after starting the car? ignition on wait for light to go out start and light comes back on for 2 seconds or so

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

due to cold weather I would think they are staying on for a little longer till min temp is reached and tis just telling you so! :)

Older diesels would keep the glow plugs on for a good 30seconds when engine has started...wernt direct injection....now direct injection, they barely need the glow plugs...just when gets nippy! :)

Hope that helps :0

and anyone please correct me if know any different...i know on some models of Ford, a flashin glow light is an error code...but seems to fit with weather my explanantion!

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,877 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

due to cold weather I would think they are staying on for a little longer till min temp is reached and tis just telling you so! :)

Older diesels would keep the glow plugs on for a good 30seconds when engine has started...wernt direct injection....now direct injection, they barely need the glow plugs...just when gets nippy! :)

Hope that helps :0

and anyone please correct me if know any different...i know on some models of Ford, a flashin glow light is an error code...but seems to fit with weather my explanantion!

sounds like a good explanation to me

#4 PHILJOBOOBOO

PHILJOBOOBOO

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 mondeo tddi
Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

oh cool, its not flashing just comes back on for a sec just after the engine has started

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users