Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Remap advice

simonpieman

Hello.

I have the 1,6 Ecoboost (182) and am toying with the idea of an Engine Remap to get some extra power.

Does anyone have any advice / experience of a suitable solution ? i.e. Bluefin / Revo etc.

I am not too bothered if the remap is permanent, so long as it is reliable and does not fry the engine !

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Mountune are a great company and there software and tuning kits don't void your warranty if you still have any left 🖒 there in Essex I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks the Mountune info. Certainly worth considering.

Has anyone else tried the Mountune / Bluefin / Revoo ?

All guys i know did a custom remap :( so no devices.

Also Pumaspeed has loads to offer for 1.6EB and they provide 2 custom maps :) not just one.

And in general:

- buy a better FMIC, the standard one is not very good and after the remap it will be only beneficial. 

- buy a sport air filter for slightly better results :) 

I know a guy who has his 1.6EB tuned to 300HP so the engine is capable of such a power :) 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, simonpieman said:

Hello.

I have the 1,6 Ecoboost (182) and am toying with the idea of an Engine Remap to get some extra power.

Does anyone have any advice / experience of a suitable solution ? i.e. Bluefin / Revo etc.

I am not too bothered if the remap is permanent, so long as it is reliable and does not fry the engine !

Thanks in advance.

Looking at doing this to mine - Ill be going to Mountune and having the kit done - the only thing I wont be having is the Filter (K&N). I have the stock filter with an RS box so will be keeping that. The newer designed box provides more of a whoosh, too! its great!

Thanks to Bannko and Tomson for your input. 

Would be interested to know what the Mountune upgrade is actually like. Is it worth the money ?

Pumaspeed sounds interesting, but is too far from me to be considered. Especially if something were to go wrong.

On another note, when applying a custom map to the 1.6 EB, do they suffer with torque steer due to the increased power?

Of course you will feel a stronger  torque steer . But depends also what size of wheels you have. 18" look super great but i would advice you 17" as the torque steer is not so noticeable. Anyway i would suggest you to buy a better rear motor mount, as it is a cheap mod and very good. I have bought for my Focus this one (it is an OEM Ford part): http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Low-Vibration-Focus-Uprated-Lower-Engine-Stabilizer-by-Pumaspeed_15758.jsp

This is what you need for different power stages:

- Total stock car + remap = approx. 200-205HP 

- IC + air filter = approx. 214HP

IC + air filter + hybrid turbo = approx. 230

IC + air filter + hybrid turbo + downpipe = approx. 270HP

IC + air filter + better hybrid turbo with better wastegate actuator + DP + new 3" exhaust = 300HP

:cool:

• Like 1

Ahh, I have the 18" Wheels !

Not a problem...but in this case it is really better to buy a better rear motor mount :) to reduce the Torque Steer.

8 hours ago, Bannko said:

Not a problem...but in this case it is really better to buy a better rear motor mount :) to reduce the Torque Steer.

Would this be a similar case in an ST ? 

I have been looking at those as well in recent days...

Whats the vibration like ? I have read it is quite noticeable.

Yes, it is the same in STs. Vibrations are noticable with aftermaket motor mounts but they are a better and yeah for some people it is annoying and uncomfortable.

That is why i have taken the OEM Ford upgraded rear motor mount. :)