Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.6 DV6 MAP sensor location

TheGlenn

Hi Folks!

I've got a 2013 Fiesta with the 1.6 DV6 engine. I've just blanked off the EGR valve and now it's throwing a P0069 error when sitting at idle. Which is Manifold Absolute Pressure.

Disconnecting the air box from the turbo allevaiates the fault but obviously isn't a solution as it needs filtering!

I think it's due to the now lack of pressure in the intake, I'm guessing the map sensor could be full of crud. However I can't find it anywhere!

The air filter is only 6 months old before you ask ha!

Does anyone with the same model have a clue as to where the sensor might be. 

Cheers

Mike

6 hours ago, TheGlenn said:

I've just blanked off the EGR valve and now it's throwing a P0069 error when sitting at idle. Which is Manifold Absolute Pressure.

The MAP should be just after the intake throttle (aka anti-shudder) valve.

IMAG0179.jpg

But I suggest trying removing the blanking plate before replacing the MAP. It does upset the airflows when blanked.

I know that on my 1.8, the ECU must know there is no EGR flow when blanked, as I can see the valve just swings from full closed to full open. When not blanked, it is controlled in part open positions. But fortunately, the ECU does not complain.

The MAP and MAF are used to work out the EGR flow. MAP and rpm & air temp. tell the ECU how much air is going through the engine. The MAF tells it how much air is entering the system. The difference is the EGR flow, recycling air from exhaust to inlet.

So if the EGR is blanked, it may think the MAP (or MAF) is wrong, as the engine air flow will be lower than expected (ie equal to the MAF).

Disconnecting the hose to the turbo also removes the airflow from the MAF, as this is right by the airbox, so this will make the situation even more complicated.

I believe that some DV6 (1.6TDCI) engines do not like blanking plates. More likely to happen with newer models, probably. If that is the case, the only way to remove to EGR is to have it mapped out in the ECU. Not a diy job, as far as I know!

• 3 years later...

Hello dont know if this topic is still going, however if you wish to delete your egr without throwing the P0069 code you also have to delete the throttle valve located on the top left of the engine this stops the car going into vacuum. To do this remove the four 8mm bolts holding it to the intake pipe and remove it from the intercooler pipe, once removed operate the throttle plate until the two torxs screws are visible then remove them and slide out the throttle plate. Re assemble then your done hope this helps just did to my car today 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club