Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oval Ford badges.... oh why oh why!

Ian Lanc

I reckon everyone has seen how bad some oval ford badges deteriorate over time, Just about every ford I go behind has a dodgy badge, either going an all horrid silver or bad corrosion like a silver snake going everywhere, Whilst our car was under warranty ford changed the front & rear badges twice and yet again the rear one is getting really bad again, so I've got a new boot badge but this time I'm fitting it! Removed the old badge by the use of an hair drier & fishing line, on close inspection of the old badge the snaking corrosion had started on the edge of the emblem, looking at the new replacement badge really close up using a magnifier I can see the problem, the alloy edge is raw and unprotected and this is why the badge f*cks up.... water gets in the edge of the plastic & alloy, a few winters on salted roads soon starts to ruin the badge.

I've painted three layers of Humbrol clear gloss enamel along the raw edge in an attempt to stop this from happening again, fingers crossed it will stay good for a fair few years.

001.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

• Like 2

I took my rear badges off completely. Leaving only a crappy one on the front.

They must just make a load of them cheap in china.

43 minutes ago, TheGlenn said:

They must just make a load of them cheap in china.

Got four sets of wheel centre caps in the shed! All in varying degrees of corrosion but what hits me is the back of them is 'Made In Germany' & 'Made in Taiwan' :ohmy:

You'd think such parts would come from one maker.

• Like 2

Ford replace them free of charge up to a certain age/mileage.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Ford replace them free of charge up to a certain age/mileage..

Yeh I know but sick of all the hassle of going back to them and leaving the car for an whole day, just to change two badges.

Decided to have a bash myself and see why the badges are corroding, hopefully mine will live on forever ....lol

They're corroding because, like everything else ford manufacture, it's made to look great on Day one and fall apart on day 5 at a reasonable price :(

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club