Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help urgently please

JayG90

I can't find valves anywhere. So gave ford a call. So that's Ford's prices and even the guy was shocked he was expecting £10 a piece. 

Any local motor factors can source them, Eurocarparts list them on their site - very easy to get hold of. 

You need to have the head removed for inspection before you start ordering valves in any case - you don't know for sure what the damage is yet. 

I've given Euro car parts a call and they say they only do a stem. Like you say needs to be looked at so i quit the phone calls and get it looked at and then see where we go. Hopefully isn't to much damage. 

Probably valve problem, did you remove the belt + tensioners to change the water pump. If so you should've cranked the engine over by hand to ensure the engine would crank on start up as if you didn't do this it can cause valves to drop and this is one expensive mess up! 

every time I have done cam belt + water pump always cranked by hand and then always started up! 

Update:

Damage so far is roughly £320. With another £35 tomorrow and HOPEFULLY that's all. My local Ford Dealership couldn't of been more 'unhelpful' if they tried. So our 'friendship' that never existed went south even quicker.

Damage in total: 8 inlet valves and thanks to a 'friend' 3 spark plugs. We wont go into the spark plugs though.

This has been a lesson for me, a major lesson.

A lesson not to let your mate carry out maintainence lol.

2 minutes ago, stef123 said:

A lesson not to let your mate carry out maintainence lol.

Not only that, never trust a 'friend' in this sense either considering he's done a runner lol. Also, lesson learnt was, females are ALWAYS right haha.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

Not only that, never trust a 'friend' in this sense either considering he's done a runner lol. Also, lesson learnt was, females are ALWAYS right haha.

pmsl :lol:

and p.s.. never admit a female is right lol 

New oil, oil filter and and sparks have been ordered so hopefully it'll be time to fire it up... Dreading it though. 

Been told that it'll take some doing to start the car again this right? 

I don't normally admit she's right, but i gotta take my hat off too her and say she was right on this one. (I won't anything case they are on here) haha 

Update is: got the car running. However engine bounces the car to the moon, engine management is on and it's rough as on idle. 

Won't let me edit. Been told could be lambda sensor. And needs wiping of ECU?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club