Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front airbag warning light

mcfcjoe

When I start the car the light stays lite. It's doesn't go out . The dealer says this is normal but the book says it should come on then go out ?

does anyone else have this issue. 

tha is Joe

When I start the car the light stays lite. It's doesn't go out . The dealer says this is normal but the book says it should come on then go out ?

tha is Joe

Mine was a lose connectiom under the seat.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Passenger or driver seat ?

Passenger.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

The dealer says this is normal but the book says it should come on then go out

The dealer is wrong and the book is correct you have a fault somewhere probably wiring under one of the seats (common thing)

This was a very common fault with Rover 75s & MG ZTs! 

5 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

tha is Joe

My book says no such thing!  The printed book that came with the can doesn't mention the ON light at all and the online HTML manual states 

1. When you switch the ignition on, check that the passenger airbag ON indicator illuminates. If it does not illuminate when you switch the ignition on, this indicates a malfunction. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.

It says nothing about it going back off again.

29 minutes ago, Jim610 said:

It says nothing about it going back off aga

I wonder if you mean this thought about this after my first post.  In my 2016 Vauxhall it has a front  passenger airbag light (you can switch from driver only or driver and  front passenger air bag on/of)f.This has a light that comes on for a short  to let you know that both front air bags are on then goes out. It also has an  overall air bag l check/fault  light on the dash/clocks that also goes out after the check.(I thought you meant this one at first as if this one stays on you do have a fault). Yes the  2nd front passenger ait bag light comes on for a few seconds  (if actuated) but it goes off  after a few seconds can't see that Ford would be any different. Stand corrected if I'm wrong. In my older Focus it just has the airbag fault light that goes out when car started its to old for the 2nd passenger air bag light on/off .I think the Idea is that you can switch of the 2nd passenger air bag in case you have a little baby seat facing backwards in the front so it is some kind of safety feature. Is the Edge the same sort of thing?.

The Edge has 2 lights for the passenger airbag.  One for ON and one for OFF.  One of them has to be on or there is a fault is how I read the manual.  The dealer also told me one of them is on all the time and that is exactly what happens on my Edge.  It would appear Ford is different.

20170319_185910.jpg

Hello All

I have just checked mine and it is on all the time

Paul

Thanks for all the replays but some say it should be on and some says it goes off?

how do I turn it off if I need to ?

thanks Joe

How many of those that say is should go off have actually got an Edge?  Certainly in this thread the only person who says it should be off, according to their profile, does not have one.

From what I can tell the only way to have the ON light out is to switch the Airbag Off, then you have the OFF light on.  

Some use black tape over the collision warning lights.  If you really feel so strongly about having that amber light on in the centre of the panel then maybe tape is your only answer as well.

So how do I switch the airbag off if I need too

joe

It stays on to warn you (amber) of an active passenger airbag. This is speciifically so you dont use a child seat when it is activated. Some cars have the option to turn it off (either switch in the glove box or on the side of the dash that is exposed when you open the door). Not sure if the edge has either ...not reallly needed to look. Mine shows ON all the time. It cant use the seat switch as a failure of the switch wouldnt activate the system and the seat switch cant distingush between a child/adult and a child seat.

PS it is annoying though!

12 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

joe

Sorry, I'll try and be clearer.

You can't.

You can switch the passenger side of for a child seat by opening the passenger door and it is on the side of the glove box out side you then get a orange warning light saying that side is turned of so either way there is a orange warning light

paul

Thanks for the information. I got this SUV last Friday the 10th and it has been in the service department for 4 days and they still can't fixed a few problems.   They now say a guy will have to come over to fix these issues... really fed up now 

Another day without the car still can't fix it ... they have given me a rental car but no idea when I get the car back ??

Hi guys. Just an update on my edge. It's still with the dealer. They sent it to Bristol ford yesterday so could look at the problems today but heard nothing from dealer. That's a whole week now they have had it . In fact the dealer has had it more days than me. Really fed up now. They have given me a kuga rental car but just dissapointed.

does anyone have any suggestions what I can do ? Could I refuse the car and tell them to keep it .

Thanks Joe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 8:17 PM, mcfcjoe said:

joe

Red key switch passenger side you'll see it when you open the door on the side of the dash 

just use a key/blade/ screwdriver or coin to turn it on or off