Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 led reverse light problem

Samandroid1998

Hello,

I ordered an led reversing bulb from Car Enhancements UK and when I've fitted the bulb, it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried it in the fog light socket too.... I contacted them they said it could be my car/ECU cause they've sold loads and never had an issue with them...

• Like 1

send it back if it does not work :smile:

They sent me a replacement and that didn't work

Thanks for the link but it's reversing bulb

• Like 1

How will I know for definite if it's canbus wiring?

The link was just to show you what canbus bulbs look like

best to check with a main dealer if your car is canbus wiring mines a 2008 and is canbus.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding about CANbus but I'd have thought a non-CANbus bulb would bring up an error indication but should still work.

• Like 1

The mk2 is non canbus.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is the bulb being put in the right way round?

3 hours ago, Samandroid1998 said:

Hello,

I ordered an led reversing bulb from Car Enhancements UK and when I've fitted the bulb, it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried it in the fog light socket too.... I contacted them they said it could be my car/ECU cause they've sold loads and never had an issue with them...

If the bulb is a wedge fitment then take it out and rotate it 180 degrees try it again because led's operate on fixes polarity meaning current can only flow in one direction.

If the bulb is an Edison type fitment such as any of these 

aktdesc_950988897_00_zpsbcmr6lwo_edit_14

The bulb is an imitation replica of a Genuine Cree led and wired incorrectly, id this is the case I recommend returning if possible on the grounds "it's of no use to you" the seller can suggest what they like but I know that any Cree bulb from China is a replica and there have been cases where they are defective and wired incorrectly, the seller could be fully aware of g his but stuck with a large stock that needs to make a cash return.

I only buy Cree from Alltronix.co.uk they supply genuine Cree units which originated from America not China.

A CanBus compatable bulb will function with regular wiring aswell as CanBus enabled wiring, the advantage of a CanBus system in bulbs is; if the car is CanBus it will alert the driver in the event that the bulb has blown or stopped working it will error on dash to get it changed. 

Overall if i was you id say to the seller "yeah you must be right my ecu is at fault" bottom line though I've purchased an item from you that is of absolute no use to me now and I'm in need of a refund" 

Then purchase from Alltronix.co.uk 

I'd tried the bulb in both ways and it still didn't work.. I've told them that i want a refund and they want me to send the bulbs back. Have you got a link for the reversing bulb you have got Lenny?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Samandroid1998 said:

I'd tried the bulb in both ways and it still didn't work.. I've told them that i want a refund and they want me to send the bulbs back. Have you got a link for the reversing bulb you have got Lenny?

I've two BA15s fitted Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here 

Link: http://www.alltronix.co.uk/white-382-1156-5w-cree-q5-reverse-bulb-ba15s-6000k/

• Like 1

i put 2 reverse bulbs on my car both led .whent for a mot and one didnt work the wrong one .so i swapped the bulbs over all ok .

i looked at the one that didnt work ,i pulled the bulb holder off of the connectector cleaned the pins up and put it back and worked ok .try that you never know .

does a standard bulb work ok ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

they are the ones ive put in .very bright and work well

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've got this page saved, for when I finally get the Euro reverse light 

cheers Lenny 👍🏼

• Like 1

I bought one from  Car Enhancements UK  and it didn't work and looking at it it had a flat contact that was not touching the back of the light socket so i put a blob of solder on and its been good.

But yeah kind not a finished product.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ace666 said:

I bought one from  Car Enhancements UK  and it didn't work and looking at it it had a flat contact that was not touching the back of the light socket so i put a blob of solder on and its been good.

But yeah kind not a finished product.  

Have you let car enhancements know about this? Seems like a recurring problem that needs to be rectifies 

• Like 1

Kinda should have but still have not got round to it.

But I will get round to it today.

I have now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Kinda should have but still have not got round to it.

But I will get round to it today.
I have now.

I tried what you had tried with solder and it didn't work for me... Am I missing something?

on many Ford models the polarity of the reverse light wiring is often reversed. This is no problem for a normal light bulb but most LED lights require a correct polarity. If the polarity is reversed the LED light will simply not work.

If the polarity is incorrect you just have to change the positive and negative wire that runs to the bulb holder. Another possible solution is using a LED light that is polarity independent. These LED lights have an integrated circuitry that automatically detects the polarity and controls the LED light.

• Like 2

I have a mk2.5 focus and fitted LED Bulbs to front and rear fog and reversing light with no problem I got mine from a company called autobulbs direct cost bit more but they worked 

• Like 1

Original Cree bulbs tend to omni-directional so should offset any polarity problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club