• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 afc69

afc69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec S
Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

I assumed you could play MP3s on a CD in the 6000CD unit, but I get a CD error message. Does this unit actually take Cds with MP3s on it?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 afc69

afc69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

I assumed you could play MP3s on a CD in the 6000CD unit, but I get a CD error message. Does this unit actually take Cds with MP3s on it?

BUMP

Come on, somebody must know?

#3 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

BUMP

Come on, somebody must know?

You've answered yourself. No.

You either need to use the aux input in the glove box or have opted for the Sony headunit. None of the others play MP3, apart from the touch screen satnav unit/communications pack.

#4 afc69

afc69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

You've answered yourself. No.

You either need to use the aux input in the glove box or have opted for the Sony headunit. None of the others play MP3, apart from the touch screen satnav unit/communications pack.

Thanks, silverfox.

Okay. The manual descibes how you can play MP3s burnt onto a CD-R/RW, but doesn't specify which model. So we are saying that the 6000CD doesn't support MP3s played on CDs?

Is the glovebox aux input an factory fitted option, as I don't appear to have it? I assume this is to hook up an iPod?

#5 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Thanks, silverfox.

Okay. The manual descibes how you can play MP3s burnt onto a CD-R/RW, but doesn't specify which model. So we are saying that the 6000CD doesn't support MP3s played on CDs?

Is the glovebox aux input an factory fitted option, as I don't appear to have it? I assume this is to hook up an iPod?

Correct about the 6000CD - no MP3 support.

Not sure about the aux, but it is easy to miss. However and easy retrofit too I believe, provided the headunit can support it.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users