Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KA rev's at 3000rpm???

otiab

hi all

ive not long brought a 2003 1.3 duratec i look at the oil and was not good so i changed the oil,filter's and plugs.

how ever the car runs like a bag of poo :angry:

when i start the car it will idle for a bit then the revs will slowley climb to about 3000rpm

ive looked at all my pipes and cant see anything wrong but i looked at my new plugs and they was sooty.

hope some one can help me as i need my car soon for when i start my new job

if the car was running ok before the service something must have been disturbed while the work was done, sooted plugs suggest an overfueling problem so look around the air filter assembly for any blockages or problems.

if the car was running ok before the service something must have been disturbed while the work was done, sooted plugs suggest an overfueling problem so look around the air filter assembly for any blockages or problems.

thanks ive checked all the breather pipes and there ok.

could it be the idle controle valve???

maybe...odd tho that its with the service.

Sure the plugs are the correct plugs??

You havent overfilled the oil??

Not a bad idea to start to rule them out, then have a check of the idle valve, give it a clean.

Check all VACUUM pipes, little ones..one makes big difference.

When was last time clearance gaps on valves were checked?? need to be done regular on the 1.3s...but wouldnt make it over rev...may help the running overall tho.

:)

it could be the iscv and cleaning it out will do no harm but i do not understand why it was not doing this before the service.

it could be the iscv and cleaning it out will do no harm but i do not understand why it was not doing this before the service.

me neither!!

me neither!!

me too i just dont know lol

all the plugs are ok oil is ok all pipes and other things look ok too :(

it dont miss fire and it starts fine, its just the rev's start climing

might have to take it to the garage....

have a look at that idle valve, clean out, re connect, then turn ignition only on and off for 10second intervals three or four times after refit to recalibrate, then try it.

also, when its revving, have someone in the car ready to use throttle and disconnect the idle valve, if the revving drops the other person may want to hold engine with throttle till you reconnect, but it will give an idea if it is the valve or not :)

also, when its revving, have someone in the car ready to use throttle and disconnect the idle valve, if the revving drops the other person may want to hold engine with throttle till you reconnect, but it will give an idea if it is the valve or not :)

i will do it in the morning i did not think about doing that.

ICV was changed and it did help but the rev's now at 1500 rpm and the eng light is on, so its in the garage now :(

thanks for all the help

got the car back from the garage and its still not fixed the icv is new but now the car is hard to start and the idle is all over the place :(

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club