Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ventilation problem

Wright

Hi there, can anybody help me, I've a 2000 petrol 1.8 mark 1 Focus with 136,000 miles on the clock, it goes really well and doesn't use any oil but I've one big problem. Once the engine has warmed up if I'm stuck in traffic there's a strong hot oil/ exhaust smell comes in the cabin. This happens even if the heater is set to recirculating or the air conditioning is on. Once moving I don't notice it; it's had a new exhaust system fitted with no improvement, any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Always be wary of an exhaust smell in the cabin. Sorry I can't help with finding the fault but have a read of this.....
A Dangerous Modification

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=80749&share_tid=91480&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efordownersclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F91480-A-Dangerous-Modification&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Jonro2009, I had a look but nothing seemed to help. I've a Ford garage at the end of my road but am reluctant to go there as they'll probably charge more to look at the car than it's worth.

• Like 1

It's not overheating when stationary or something?

Not that I'm aware as the temperature gauge stays constant in the centre of the dial but it's worth checking under the bonnet so thanks for that suggestion

• 2 months later...

More by chance I think I've found an answer to my ventilation problem, I had the air conditioning re-gassed and the smell has stopped, I've no idea why but at present it's working

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club