Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misfire cylinder 2

Greenmotors

Hi all, my 05 ford focus 1.4 petrol recently developed a cylinder 2 misfire confirmed by an obd2 reader. Changed the coil pack, plugs and leads but still the same. Done a compression test and found 0 compression on cylinder 2. Is this a head off job and what will I find??. Car drives but is well down on power and Judders on ideal. Thanks for any advice.

Yup it's definitely a head off job. Burnt valve or crack something along those lines. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply stef123 just seen it now. Can I also ask is their a guide to the head removal procedure on this site?

stef123 is right, if no compression and misfire.

You could also try a inspection camera to see if the issues is the piston or not. 

There isn't a guide but it's pretty simple on your engine. 

I'm interested in seeing pictures of what caused this.

How long have you owned the car. 

Has it had regular servicing.

Jamie

before taking the head off I would take cam cover off  and run it, or at least crank it on the starter motor to see if the valve/cam movement looks ok or if something looks wrong there.

if running it there may well be some oil splashing about so be careful/cautious

Do a leak test turn engine till cyl number2 valves are closed then a rubber hose thats a good fit in the spark plug hole pressurise that cylinder. if air comes out of exhaust its a exhaust valve, air out of air intake, intake valve, blows air out of dipstick tube thens its piston/rings, quicker and cheaper that tearing the head of

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club