Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3.5 Bulb Upgrades

Jonesy91

Evening All, I'm new to the FOC ive recently brought a Ford Focus Estate ST Line 2017. The car looks stunning but i want to upgrade the bulbs as i had Xenons in my Ford Kuga (65 Plate). Anyone know any HID/Xenons that will fit? i brought the H7 55w Stealth Pack off HIDS4U and there Bulb Holders but they appear to be off the Mk 3 Focus headlight and not the Mk 3.5. anyone know where i can get the right bulb holders? i can upload photos if needs be....or Any advice on a decent H7 Bulb that will achieve the 6000k look.

Thanks for your time

Lee

On 21/03/2017 at 6:37 PM, Jonesy91 said:

Evening All, I'm new to the FOC ive recently brought a Ford Focus Estate ST Line 2017. The car looks stunning but i want to upgrade the bulbs as i had Xenons in my Ford Kuga (65 Plate). Anyone know any HID/Xenons that will fit? i brought the H7 55w Stealth Pack off HIDS4U and there Bulb Holders but they appear to be off the Mk 3 Focus headlight and not the Mk 3.5. anyone know where i can get the right bulb holders? i can upload photos if needs be....or Any advice on a decent H7 Bulb that will achieve the 6000k look.

Thanks for your time

Lee

Firstly, buying any HID upgrade kit and fitting it to your halogen reflectors is 100% illegal. You need to have proper projection headlights designed for HID bulbs, i.e the ones that get fitted to cars from factory.

Secondly if you're going to install HID's in a projector, you need automatic levelling and washers.

Then you've got to deal with all the associated insurance and MOT issues relating to installing them as well as effectively because they aren't factory installed they count as a modification, and insurance companies/vosa/mot people/police don't like HID conversions.

I recommend you get a decent set of H7 halogen bulbs like Osram Sportlight or Nightbreakers.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club