Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 questions

NeilRS

never noticed this before- but noticed tonight that the temperatures for inside the car- on the top of the screen are the wrong way round- as in the temp I have set on the drivers side is on the left hand side of the screen and Vicar versa. Also, if I switch the right hand heated seat on- it comes up on the top left of the screen and vice versa. Anyone else got this?

Never seen the seat info shown on the Sync 3 screen!! can you post a picture?

Somebody broke into my car and started playing Showaddywaddy. It's not mine

• Like 1

😂😂 That does look odd! Its almost as if its not configured for RH drive. What is the symbol top right? Looks like a settings cog, with a red cross through it?!

I'll check mine tomorrow.

No, haven't touched Forscan. 

If I'm on the main climate screen the main temps on the screen are correct but the ones at the top on all the other screens are the wrong way round. 

Not sure what the cross is- will investigate - always been there though 

Also, when the plug my phone in it completely takes over the main screen and I can't find anyway of using the normal screen functions- sat nav, climate  etc. Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, NeilRS said:

Also, when the plug my phone in it completely takes over the main screen and I can't find anyway of using the normal screen functions- sat nav, climate  etc. Any ideas? 

Does your phone have Android Auto or the iPhone equivelent on it?  I have Andriod auto and there is a setting that allows it to auto run on connection to the car.  With that allowed to happen you get exactly what you describe.  It is designed so you can use google maps instead of the inbuilt nav.  I experimented a bit but found it too intrusive so removed it from the phone as I realised I was never going to use it.

Mines the right way around and I'm pretty sure that cross is because you chose not not have emergency assist set up when you first connected your phone. 

Drove it today and it's back to normal. Weird 

Mine (Sync3) doesn't show the heated/cooled seat status on the top bar at all !!! At least not on the home page ... not tried the others, didn't think they would be different. (just noticed the original pic by @NeilRS is on the audio screen).

This happened to me this morning. Checked at lunch time and it fixed itself. 

On a slightly different note is the clock meant update for Best

Seem to be getting a few random things- phone dropped it's connection for no reason. Couple of times I haven't been able to switch the radio on. 

Initially, I was jealous but now I'm so glad mine has sync 2 which works perfectly!

• Like 1

I had sync2 in my focus and this feels like a nice upgrade, it's alot more fluid. I feel the opposite to you in that I would be alittle gutted if it arrived with sync2. Each to their own though. 

As yesterday I finally put my hands on the car, and my big bum in... Noticed 1st feature which so far i don't like.
Plugged USB stick, Nicky fine with folders so each artist have one... Over 1600 tracks.. and to my surprise is pain I'm the ... To navigate it as all folders by default are merged... Voice search is not an solution as after each track i would need to do next search if want to skip an artist... Yes you can manually ask to display they in folders but you have to it each time from scratch very confusing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, LukeEdge said:

Over 1600 tracks.. and to my surprise is pain I'm the ... To navigate it as all folders by default are merged... 

If your mp3's have the right tag information, i.e. Artist Album, track number etc, then when you do 'Browse' its the same as an iPod in that it goes down through the Album, Artist, Genre selection down to the tracks. With the tag info, the folders you have put them on the USB stick becomes irrelevant!

Edit : if they are not tagged ... you can do that with 'Mp3Tag', its free! You can also add the cover art (Must be at least 500x500 pixels to show up on Sync though), etc. 

My mp3 all are simply rip of CD, with all information supplied on CD. Including artist cover etc. Yes i am one of those who love to have big collection of CD but hate to use them in a car, so each of them i simply copy and put on my i. Car usb stick.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, LukeEdge said:

My mp3 all are simply rip of CD, with all information supplied on CD. Including artist cover etc. Yes i am one of those who love to have big collection of CD but hate to use them in a car, so each of them i simply copy and put on my i. Car usb stick.

I do the same. If you rip with windows media player, it gets the info from an internet database that isn't complete. I rip them, them open the album directory in mp3tag and add the missing info (only takes a minute) ... I've got 2 x 32GB usb sticks in my car with everything in my music collection on them. Adding the tag info also helps if you add the ripped album to your ITunes library too (if you use an iPhone or iPod).

58e8b7d6b8f25_mp3tagexample.thumb.PNG.920465cd68935f8b268b4cef91f7a451.PNG

• Like 2

A tip is to remove the track title so the system will then reorder the files in track number order instead of alphabetically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the help so far, but I won't let you guys so easy...

Another question, SYNC3 SatNav, is there way to display trip distance as so far it only display time, for me distance is equally if not more important than time estimate.