Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supercharged Ford Fiesta MK7

PhilS404

14 hours ago, fraserrg said:

car looks good, plenty of money been put into it!

Thanks mate! Hahah yes, thank fully I have bought most parts second hand so saved a big chunk!

My HID Kit decided to break to picked up another one and got those installed. Only 6000k

LrUGRdD.jpg

WzuxwxZ.jpg

Gave the car a well deserved wash and also fitted a one way valve into the crankcase breather as boost pressure was getting pushed from the inlet into the crankcase. Not good!

gsoSHgs.jpg

rZLpbWI.jpg

GeiBpjj.jpg

9eIwT47.jpg

• Like 1

Thought it was also about time I did some bits to the interior. So managed to find a top tray to replace the original screen, and also a different fascia which angles the screen towards me. Both parts were the sprayed gloss black, and redid my door handles

kip9cnp.jpg

MfYGQfx.jpg

U2ViZfS.jpg

nW4EqCO.jpg

Dirty engine bay

PCqUlGv.jpg

• Like 2

On 29/03/2017 at 8:36 AM, fraserrg said:

where from? 

Just from the mk7fiesta.co.uk page on facebook. That's where I've bought most my stuff from. And couple things off eBay

• 2 weeks later...

Door handles now fitted along with new fascia

q0gTrqO.jpg

513Mc3x.jpg

Also kinda had a disaster with the supercharger. Snapped shaft...oops. So it was onto Komotec in Germany who make the kit to find a replacement. The charger failure was due to overheating due to a lack of an oil cooler. For some reason they don't include one in the kit, but it's a lesson learnt. 

YVkX08f.jpg

Dodgy idle pulley

R1iO1Sg.jpg

nfzLAFS.jpg

So whilst I was trying to sort out the charger I just ran the car with the original belt and induction kit. Car ran fine with the larger injectors just very rich. 

Still had time to attend a car show with some mates 

ua1Qf44.jpg

650bwqv.jpg

MbSMONL.jpg

SjvQlyH.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good news, supercharger replaced under warranty for free. Oooh shiny

I also fitted a Setrab oil cooler to keep the charger oil cool (was meant to have one all along, oops). Boost piping relocated behind the crash bar.

wrqIHHi.jpg

I also removed the air restrictor to get a bit more power out of it, injectors can compensate 15% either way so it kept the AFR at 12.1 WOT

56D9nj9.jpg

Also picked up a replacement intercooler as mine was full of turbine shards for a tenner off my mate

vIKU540.jpg

Some picture showing the charger placement for those interested. It's very easy to do, I took it off whilst engine in car in 45 mins. (not my car) 

ElckNRk.jpg

GRsvnXG.jpg

oil reservoir was also moved so it wasn't a foot above the charger, this is under drivers side headlight 

bpy5fJR.jpg

• Like 1

A little mountune sticker for the car. It only drinks 99 so the 95 should really be a sad face.

1OCE3EP.jpg

Right so having some troubles with the extra boost, there was a bit of surge before removing the air restrictor but now it's causing the charger to stall. Yes it makes a cool chatter noise but it's not good for the charger, and I don't think i'll be lucky enough to get another one one warranty. Rang up TTS who are the UK Rotrex dealers and they were very helpful, advised to fit a BOV. Popped down to demon tweeks, picked up a Forge valve, vacuum piping and a T-piece.

Also bought a larger filter from Ram Air.

I tapped into the fuel vapour recirc before the one way valve, it was a bit of a pain but a hot brew softened the pipe which is plastic. 

11tUZiy.jpg

0zKKJ2M.jpg

x2Ro7WW.jpg

It's not the tidiest, I will tidy it up at some point when I have the time, I did buy some yellow hose wrap from Demon Tweeks but it's quite difficult to use. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PhilS404 said:
7 hours ago, PhilS404 said:

I also fitted a Setrab oil cooler to keep the charger oil cool (was meant to have one all along, oops). Boost piping relocated behind the crash bar.

wrqIHHi.jpg

I'd be interested in knowing more about your fitting of the oil cooler. What type of sandwich plate did you use? Did you remove the OEM cooler? Hose routing, etc. Thanks. 

17 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I'd be interested in knowing more about your fitting of the oil cooler. What type of sandwich plate did you use? Did you remove the OEM cooler? Hose routing, etc. Thanks. 

Hi mate, the oil cooler is only for the supercharger to cool the traction oil

• Like 1

Picked up an ST headlining from Birmingham along with the trims which I'd had sitting around for a few months. Quite easy to install took about 45 mins maybe, and looks 10x better than the grey. Sorry some pics are a bit poor. 

NcHEjCk.jpg

l8EaUr9.jpg

BbZBBWI.jpg

aPpNBf2.jpg

fi1PEh9.jpg

sDcn6H0.jpg

• Like 1

liking the interior change to the st parts

14 hours ago, b4zz said:

liking the interior change to the st parts

Yeah it's such a nicer place to be with the black. 

Much better now. I did this in my focus ftting st225 trim but not headlining yet . It gives you upmarket feel.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Some stupid women decided she couldn't parralel park and scraped down side of my car then denied it. Police useless so had to pay out my own pocket. £100 and also got car machine polished.

mOYbDL5.jpg

n1hOq37.jpg

GnU4AYL.jpg

4aEcjUl.jpg

EDtWksT.jpg

YnNMoQ6.jpg

r8tTvSj.jpg

SQlImYb.jpg

1hPAunc.jpg

6qZDCUT.jpg

Z2hpwHk.jpg

4MK5vU0.jpg

BkET0DO.jpg

• Like 1

Time for a bit more stopping power. 300mm focus ST170 discs with mondeo calipers, Brembo pads and brackets. I got these second hand off the forum for £170, and the seller then bought me new discs (old ones in first pic). 

I sold the clear HEL lines and got some yellow ones to match the calipers I painted. 

S5H8L8E.jpg

Snapped the bolt trying to get braided line out of the caliper so had to get the blow torch on it and molegrips. 

ZZOkbR7.jpg

Old disc compared to new 

1HUkGGJ.jpg

2g2JD0j.jpg

v3aidFS.jpg

Dyno run up next! 

Had the car serviced and on the dyno at Zi Motorsport in Wrexham. Very please with the results! The car made it's standard power at 4000. With max power at 215bhp so very pleased. Still, room for improvement. 

69rTYex.jpg

Re4nYWm.png

SKgGQrR.png

c2mxBNO.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mate. Sits really nice!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Right back to it! 

Finally fitted the Aerial to the headunit so I can have the radio in the car.

FRlVhp6.jpg

fLWnyg5.jpg

Also fitted the hazard switch after losing the first one I bought

sB42gch.jpg

Also picked up some Boomba spoiler raisers, very marmite to begin with but after a while I really liked them, help make the rear more aggressive. 

Without spoiler XD haha

RHdJ8gT.jpg

And with raisers

5yxOd9z.jpg

zbkniv4.jpg

• Like 1

Also picked up a zunsport grill, second hand again. Helps with the airflow. Normally it's hard to pull of a zunsport on the prefacelift because it's just crash bar behind. With the intercooler and oil cooler it looks better!

Some picture from a car meet up the horseshoe pass

q0FrmaO.jpg

kRO1FWp.jpg

Picked up a very rare Mountune MR155 front apron which was a pain to bond on. A bit different to the usual TRC splitters

8kfqR85.jpg

VXw2PUT.jpg

Grey overlays to match the wheels

cyDLe6F.jpg

OYQjnry.jpg

Z73FMWa.jpg

You've obviously done a terrific job.   I'd be interested to know what difference it has made to your insurance.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bobr said:

You've obviously done a terrific job.   I'd be interested to know what difference it has made to your insurance.

Insurance isn't too bad. Visual mods don't affect the policy with mine. And they know I've uprated the brakes etc, so it's not really changed. Might be just because I've also gotten older and more NCB. 

Right back to it! 
Finally fitted the Aerial to the headunit so I can have the radio in the car.
FRlVhp6.jpg
fLWnyg5.jpg
Also fitted the hazard switch after losing the first one I bought
sB42gch.jpg
Also picked up some Boomba spoiler raisers, very marmite to begin with but after a while I really liked them, help make the rear more aggressive. 
Without spoiler XD haha
RHdJ8gT.jpg
And with raisers
5yxOd9z.jpg
zbkniv4.jpg

Hi, i like the pioneer stereo. Can i ask where did you get the top screen surround to fit the pioneer?
Also does the stock piano black radio facia remaim or does that has to be changed?
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk