Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge waiting time!

LukeEdge

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Now I am confused!  Yours has a shark fin antenna and mine hasn't.  Thought it was a Sport vs Titanium thing but there is a 66 plate Sport model at work and that doesn't have one either. Do we think it is a sunroof vs no sunroof thing and if so do we know why?

It's not that I think I am missing something but I do get a bit OCD about understanding the reason for things.

Nice colour though. I think you will enjoy it, I still do.

• Like 1

Jim, yes I do have sport with panorama roof/sun roof and shark fin antenna. I think you are on the spot, panorama roof means shark fin antenna as might be difficult to fit in correct wirres around and extra interference from roof mechanism.

• Like 1

Nice colour

Incidentally I was playing around with Carwow and the Ford finance calculator and discovered that the Edge Vignale was a good chunk cheaper on monthlies than the Sport with the same deposit (Better residuals and discounts). Go figure

27 minutes ago, sbird1975 said:

Nice colour

Incidentally I was playing around with Carwow and the Ford finance calculator and discovered that the Edge Vignale was a good chunk cheaper on monthlies than the Sport with the same deposit (Better residuals and discounts). Go figure

Recently seen Edge Vignale and I don't like its look. Front grill lost that "dangerous" look, interior as well is not my style. But than, I am not surprised for better residuals.

Yeah the wheels look a little shiny. But then i've never understood the thing for black alloys. Looks like the trim has fallen off.

The chrome grill on the tit looks tooooo american though. 

Just wish ford would put a decent diesel engine in the damn thing

Hi Luke edge, I'm pleased yours turned up so has mine. I've had mine detailed and a ceramic coating added, i think it makes the colour really pop, ( the photo not surrounded by other fords) still only seen one other on the road, liking the rarity.

IMG_20170405_102807.jpg

PSX_20170412_225848.jpg

PSX_20170412_225654.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome news. So now 1 more on the road, so less rare, but yours​ stands out of the crowds.
Up to few days ago I hardly seen one on the road than last staturday, super sunshine weather, seen 5 in one day in 20 miles radius, on both 66 and 17 plates. But still sport is very rare.

So what is that coating? Why is good and how much it costs?

Hi LukeEdge,

This is the service I had done, http://allthatgleams.co.uk/detailing/new-car-protection-detail/

They had the car for a full 24 hrs (actually 26 hrs). The finish was amazing and the bedding and sheeting of liquids on the outside is superb, best I've ever seen. I also added the premium Wheel sealant.

This is the ceramic coating they applied. http://www.cquartz.co.uk/ ( I had Pro)

I was really impressed with the detailers service.

Simon

• Like 1

Thanks Simon, hmm... Looks interesting so for edge will be £400.. and chips free bodywork. For how long it last?

I've had Gtechniq's crystal serum on mine and that was pretty good too. A little more expensive than tallguys' coating but it has a 7 year guarantee. I have to park under a large sycamore tree which completely ruined the paint on the roof of my old Corsa, so it made the protection worth it. I also had them apply a hydrophobic coating. And it was well worth it. Needed to wash the car far less which is great as it's black. They also say the coating will withstand bird droppings for over a month...

• Like 1

Sounds great i might consider it as my car is leasing one, so any demage on return need to cover out of the pocket.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised at some of delivery times quoted above. I think I must have been lucky. I ordered on 30th September 2016 and took ownership in late January 2017. My car had to be manufactured as there were none matching my spec in the uk, so compared to others I've got off very lightly. 

Mine is a Sport 210 Auto in Ingot Silver without panoramic roof, but with tow bar, front camera and park assist. Oh and no shark fin antenna so I assume this is because there is plenty metal up top to work as an antenna, unlike the panoramic roof ones. 

I think it is pretty much a lottery when the car moves from the factory to the docks.  All the recently built cars destined for Europe built up to the day before mine was built were shipped and then it was 3 weeks later before mine was shipped.  I think they use some form of random number generator in the process as cars then built after mine were shipped in the intervening 3 weeks. Don’t care anymore as it have it and still enjoying driving it. 

Of interest, I ordered mine same day as yours and it arrived in at dealer 21 Feb but as I was unavailable at that time I picked it up on 4 Mar with a 17 plate.

Cheers Jim.  I have a personal plate, so 66 or 17 made no difference to me.  My car was registered with my plate, so has never been issued with an age related one.  This will only be assigned when I sell it, which won't be for a while as I intend to keep it for a few years.