Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powershift Transmission

Tomothy

HI

I'm looking to change my fiesta and I'm considering a ecoboost powershift.

After looking around I've heard some pretty unsettling stories about the powershift box. Are they really that unreliable?

Its the only thing stopping me from going out today and purchasing one.

Cheers!

I had one with the old 1.6L Ti-VCT for 3 years (63 plate) I never had any issues with it, there happened to be a recall with the TCM which I had done but it was never noticeable for me.

I can't speak for the Ecoboost powershift, but I like my Ecoboost Focus and loved my Powershift Fiesta. Just check to see if it needs a recall or/if it's been done but I personally never had any trouble with the box itself.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

Never had a problem with my Powershift just the occasional  clunky change 1st to 2nd when pulling gently away downhill but usually smooth changing gear, most times you don't notice it.  For a petrol model buy as new as possible, it was all sorted by late 2015 and avoid the Fiesta 1.6ltr.  My neighbour has an had 11 plate Focus 2.0ltr diesel Powershift from new and has never had any bother.

• 2 months later...

Just curious, has anyone remapped a ecoboost powershift? 

I've had Bluefin on mine for about 9 months. No problems. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I've had Bluefin on mine for about 9 months. No problems. 

Nice! How much bhp is yours now? 

43 minutes ago, Tomothy said:

Nice! How much bhp is yours now? 

I haven't had it on a dyno but Bluefin quote about 154

From what I gather early models had some pretty major problems and gained the nickname Powershit transmission. I haven't heard of many horror stories form owners of cars built in last couple of years

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cjay1 said:

From what I gather early models had some pretty major problems and gained the nickname Powershit transmission. I haven't heard of many horror stories form owners of cars built in last couple of years

There was a service notice for TCMs to be changed on older models. I had mine changed at about 8500kms and has been fine since. Think it's relevant to pre-2015 build transmissions

My Powershift Fiesta was registered March 2015 and has the extended 5 year warranty on the TCM.  Early Powershifts had trouble with oil contamination of the clutch, especially 1.6 litre models. My neighbour has had a 2011 2.0 ltr diesel Powershift Focus from new and has never had a problem with it.

• Like 1

My Powershift Fiesta was registered March 2015 and has the extended 5 year warranty on the TCM.  Early Powershifts had trouble with oil contamination of the clutch, especially 1.6 litre models. My neighbour has had a 2011 2.0 ltr diesel Powershift Focus from new and has never had a problem with it.

2.0 ltr diesel has a different type of powershift and was more reliable.
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club