Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front suspension bushes under warranty?

danlat1415

Does anyone know if the front suspension bushes are covered under Ford's 3 year manufacturer warranty?

My car has done 53,000 miles (60,000 is the warranty limit).

I've got my car booked in for a checkup tomorrow due to creaking over speed bumps which stops when it's rained. So sounds like the bushes.

Are bushes covered under warranty? I want to be prepared in case they don't tell me the truth.

Thanks

If they fail prematurely then yes, otherwise they are considered a wear and tear item (i.e. no).

I don't know how long you would reasonably expect bushes to last.

• Like 1

My anti-roll bar bushes were recently replaced under warranty after I got a similar creaking noise.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobr said:

My anti-roll bar bushes were recently replaced under warranty after I got a similar creaking noise.

How many miles had you done?

Our car is a 10 plate, had it from new and now has 36,000 miles on the clock, no noise from the bushes what's so ever! I've read were bushes have gone after just 5000 miles! Makes me wonder if low grade rubber is being used in some vehicles.

These bushes seem to be very unreliable, I've read of them going at all sorts of mileages.   I don't think they are rubber, they look like some sort of plastic.

I suspect mine are on their way out. There any decent way to check them for signs of failing? 

They're bushes... They don't last forever 

They aren't unreliable, just A consumable throw away part as are any other OEM bushes 

Fit polybushes yourself for a lifetime of worry free motoring :)

18 hours ago, jbell said:

I suspect mine are on their way out. There any decent way to check them for signs of failing? 

Look at the rubber & steel bar and see if you can see any gaps between the parts, a pry bar could be used to push up to check for movement, also look to see if you can see any cracking of the bush.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

They're bushes... They don't last forever They aren't unreliable, just A consumable throw away part as are any other OEM bushes  Fit polybushes yourself for a lifetime of worry free motoring :)

So my 10 plate nail runs fine with no noise over ramps or under braking! Yet I've read that a 65 fiesta creaks & bangs like hell! Something just doesn't add up :w00t:

It's all about how the cars driven, where the cars driven, how long it's driven for, mileage etc.

Also environmental factors

• Like 1

Any one have any idea what these are like to change on the fiesta mk7.5 is it just a case of undoing the drop links then removing the 2x10mm bolts that bolt the bushes to the subframe or like on some fords you have to drop the subframe

I don't think you need to drop the subframe (or remove the drop links for that matter). Note that the mounting brackets appear to be non-symmetrical so make a note of which way round they're fitted on removal.

Just to give an update.

Ford found the cause of the noise when going over speed bumps was the anti roll bar bushes and they have replaced them free under warranty.

I was surprised they didn't use the 'wear and tear' as my Fiesta is a 64 plate, so only 6 months left on warranty and done 53,000 miles.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club