Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 smax titanium parking assist!! And diesel consumpsion.

Rebaka84

HI everyone..I have recently purchased a lovely 10 year old smax titanium in 2ltr auto deisel titanium spec...upgraded from a soldier of a car I had in a Toyota verso.t.spirit. which didn't miss a beat in 3 years..but so pleased with this smax ..nice seats and visibility and practicality perfect...I am however having a problem with parking assist..don't think it's working..when I turn it on and put in reverse there is no tone and the dash light flashes a few times..does anyone know a fix for this..and secondly..to anyone who drives a ten year old titanium with about 126000 on the clock..how many miles should I be averaging on half a tank of deisel..as this is the most I have ever done..I know it makes sense to full tank it..but money is tight!!!I'm averaging 200 miles on 50 quid of deisel..is this OK?

Screenshot_20170312-215713.png

200 miles from £50 of diesel I get around 650 miles from a full tank which costs around the £50 marker.

I would look at getting it serviced mainly a new fuel filter consumption can go up dramatically with a dirty/clogged one, secondly with that sort of mileage you will benefit from a service such as terraclean which cleans the internals of the engine but as you say money is tight and it costs roughly £110 but is very good.

Do the fuel filter first to buy one and fit yourself you're looking at £20ish for a garage to fit around £40-£60 good idea to ask around if you don't feel like doing it yourself, highly doubt your vehicle has a DPF so that's certainly one less thing to sorry about.

• 2 weeks later...

As regards any sensible comments on fuel consumption you gotten do better than 1/2 a tank equals X amount of money. Your reading of a 1/2 tank could vary by a huge amount, maybe a couple of gallons from somebody else's.

Also no idea of what road conditions and circumstances are given ? How does anybody guess what your daily drive is ? 18 mile trek through suburbs and into Wolverhampton at average 20 mph stop- go ? Are you used to driving a diesel ? Do you know where your maximum torque is ( torque is where your engine develops best mpg, if like mine a 2.0 litre TDCI the torque range is from 1400 revs up to 2200 revs with maximum torque at 1750 revs) Too many variables, I can tell you that my 2.0 litre TDCI S max returns between 40 and 41 mpg driving it carefully between 1400-2200 revs (I haven't used more than 3000 revs in a year, and then only because I'm towing a 1700kg caravan ( I get 31 mpg when towing and sometimes use 3000 revs to extend the gear going uphill with a change due at traffic lights ).

Save up for a full tank of fuel, ( it doesn't cost more, it's just laying out the money up front) and try doing a comparative tank to tank fill up when you've noted the miles used then come back with something we can comment on sensibly. I guess the sensible suggestion about servicing the car with filters or even a Terra clean of the diesel system won't find favour with you because of the cost implication.

• Like 1