Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fed up with ford

mcfcjoe

Hi guys. Just an update on my edge. It's still with the dealer. They sent it to Bristol ford yesterday so could look at the problems today but heard nothing from dealer. That's a whole week now they have had it . In fact the dealer has had it more days than me. Really fed up now. They have given me a kuga rental car but just dissapointed.

does anyone have any suggestions what I can do ? Could I refuse the car and tell them to keep it .

Thanks Joe.

Think you've got to give them a chance to fix it before you can formally reject the car- google rejecting a new car. 

Have you got Ford Customer Relations involved? They can sonetimes put pressure on the dealer. Might be worth a try.

Thanks customer relations are involved .....told today they don't know how to fix the problems waiting for ford Canada to get back to them with ideas ....they have had the car now 10days and still have no idea how to fix the problems. Given me a rental car but feel very deflated ...hopefully next week I will have an answer 

I have formally rejected my Edge. Hopefully getting a Mondeo Vignale for replacement. 

Ford customer relations were great, kept pushing things along when the dealer seemed reluctant to get it sorted. 

Still ongoing though . . . 

What problem(s) did you have with yours? 

The message to check break system was on, the auto off start engine never worked and lane indicataion never worked....also there was a click under the clutch pedal ......what problems did you have ?

Main problem was leaking pan roof. Water got into roof and centre consul switches. 

Loose door trim, excess speed warning chime not working. Rear seat  folded half way. Marked paintwork. Bent scuff plate. 

Just a quick update on my edge. Still at the garage ....parts to fix it have been ordered some have arrived but waiting for a clutch pedal mechanism to arrive from Germany...only been 3 weeks now!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, mcfcjoe said:

Just a quick update on my edge. Still at the garage ....parts to fix it have been ordered some have arrived but waiting for a clutch pedal mechanism to arrive from Germany...only been 3 weeks now!!!!!!!

Mine was in an accident. Took 8 weeks for my parts! 

Just booked mine in for very loud rattle coming from passenger door and rear hatch sticking. Never had any warranty issues with the Kuga though but that was built in Europe the Edge was built over the pond and the amount of miles I have driven over there I didnt have one exceptable decent car. Always found build quality with American / Canadian vehicles dreadful.

I had a 2015 kuga before the edge...never went into the garage once ....it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and still no date .....

On 3/30/2017 at 10:43 PM, mcfcjoe said:

I had a 2015 kuga before the edge...never went into the garage once ....it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and still no date .....

Brace yourself for 8 weeks, anything less is a bonus.  

Heard from ford today ...fitted new parts and still no change....they are writing to ford again for advice...it's now 4 weeks they have had the car.....what the hell,do,I do?.. fed up totally 

@mcfcjoe, just quick question as from Your profile seems you are based in Wiltshire, which dealer / service do you use? Swindon by any chance?

No it was firstly Chippenham but they had no idea so sent it to trust ford in Bristol...why ?

Just asking as I will have mine from Allen Ford Swindon. So was keen to know some feedback on them regarding servicing etc.

Latest update is I still have no car....they say it needs a new brake server ...no idea when the part will arrive.....been 4 weeks now...

Latest on the car!....still at garage parts were last Friday...hopefully if it's fixed tomorrow....let you know !

• 5 weeks later...

Another month has gone by mcfcjoe.  Any update ?