Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Trip to Germany

CarEdge

Had a short road trip to Germany covering about 1000miles in a three days in my Sport Auto. A few comments on the journey ...

Averaged 37mpg with no attempt to be frugal. Could have hit around 39/40 with being more careful. 

Hit 133mph on a derestricted bit of Autobahn and ran out of road. Might of had a bit more left in the tank too. There might have been a slight downhill gradient hence the higher max speed than advertised. 

The in gear performance for motorway overtaking is quite adequate and though it's slow off the mark, I found it punchy enough for motorway driving.

The main downside of the car was the ride comfort. Having done 4000 miles I have come to the conclusion that the ride comfort for me is really not suitable for long distance cruising. The car feels too fidgety and has too much vibration coming into the cabin and through the steering wheel from the road. My previous car was a Golf GTD and found that to be a much better long distance cruiser in this respect. I test drove the Sport but never picked up/noticed the firmness in the test drive (dealer test drives tend to be too short to be useful IMO). I would personally recommend anyone not yet decided to test drive the Titanium as that might be less firm.

The Titanium is nice and smooth to drive.  Not done any really long journeys yet but done nearly 800 miles so far in better comfort than my 13 plate Mondeo.

• Like 1

Also super smooth cruising on the autobahn here in a titanium.

• Like 1

I used to be based in Germany - Loved the Autobahns :biggrin:

• Like 1

I do await my Edge, and coz of that I had to put on hold some of my plans including trip to Eastern Europe around 1200miles each direction 95% on motorway ... really looking forward to it and than at summer south of France to Pyrenees (900 miles). So will be able to test my 210 sport in such conditions.
My previous Hyundai i40 1.7 140hp was good on autobahn but was struggling in massive central and Pyrenees especially to overtake lorries etc.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did my first longish motorway trip yesterday in my sport and found it very smooth. Also returned 43:6 mpg with cruise control set on 70 most of the way. Love it 

On 3/26/2017 at 9:54 AM, NeilRS said:

Did my first longish motorway trip yesterday in my sport and found it very smooth. Also returned 43:6 mpg with cruise control set on 70 most of the way. Love it 

What tyres do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

Standard ones- not sure what they are if I'm honest.