Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Black Edition

MattyP97

Just starting this to see what sort of appearance mods people would recommend putting on the black edition, only seen forums about the red editions. 

Currently already changed:

Footwell lights

Air filter

Wind deflectors

Will purchase the gel overlays for the badges on pay day, does anyone have my recommendations about what is the best lights to put onto the car as would like to change those and any other suggestions people have would be great. I know I sound hopeless haha.

Stainless Steel sill protectors & Stainless Steel heel support & Stainless Steel pedal covers....maybe!

13 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Stainless Steel sill protectors & Stainless Steel heel support & Stainless Steel pedal covers....maybe!

Looking into the door sills, just waiting on payday.

13 hours ago, Dagger said:

Hi Matt

What about gear knob and uprated light bulbs

I had seen you can get black gear knobs with the light up gear selection so was looking and that. I really wanna do the headlights but I just wondered what sort of set everyone would recommend?

Has the 'black edition' got nice pedal covers already fitted ? I've got some genuine ford SS covers and look the beans but the small round rubbers are wearing on the lower edge, so might be changing them very soon. 

These are lovely! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282289725387?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Has the 'black edition' got nice pedal covers already fitted ? I've got some genuine ford SS covers and look the beans but the small round rubbers are wearing on the lower edge, so might be changing them very soon. 

These are lovely! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282289725387?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah when I brought it the previous owner had already put race pedals on it. They look smart though! Got a photo of them on your car?

Red dust caps and a thin red pinstripe on the wind deflectors are 2 nice easy things to do. Done them on mine and think they look pretty good. Probably going to tint the light housings on the wing mirrors at some point too.

IMG-20170326-WA0032-2.jpeg

18 hours ago, Danny|92 said:

Red dust caps and a thin red pinstripe on the wind deflectors are 2 nice easy things to do. Done them on mine and think they look pretty good. Probably going to tint the light housings on the wing mirrors at some point too.

IMG-20170326-WA0032-2.jpeg

The wind deflectors do look smart. I've read your thread before but can't remember if you said you had changed your lights?

Yes, the rear lights have been changed however the car already had them done when I bought it so I can't tell you what make they are or where to get them unfortunately. I have searched around but can't seem to find many other people with them. 

@Danny|92 No worries mate I'll see if I can find some on the internet and have a search around. I like the pinstripe on the rear bumper, brings it to life a lot more, considering doing in on my black edition as it would fit in well with the other bits of red detailing on the car.

19 minutes ago, MattyP97 said:

@Danny|92 No worries mate I'll see if I can find some on the internet and have a search around. I like the pinstripe on the rear bumper, brings it to life a lot more, considering doing in on my black edition as it would fit in well with the other bits of red detailing on the car.

Cheers! I liked it as well, was a nice little touch however I need to find a more permanent way of doing it as the tape I used has fallen off twice meaning I've had to re-apply it a few times. 

I went to a meet last night and there was a black edition with the lower part of the diffuser fully wrapped in red, looked quite good so I'm thinking of doing it that way to my red edition.

IMG-20170326-WA0054.jpeg

Maybe not all the way across like this though, more like the one in this Instagram post: 

On 25/03/2017 at 8:41 PM, MattyP97 said:

Yeah when I brought it the previous owner had already put race pedals on it. They look smart though! Got a photo of them on your car?

I've not got them 'new look' pedal covers yet! but they are to be purchased to replace the older version. Picture attached of the ones on my car.

pedals 001.JPG

1 hour ago, Danny|92 said:

Cheers! I liked it as well, was a nice little touch however I need to find a more permanent way of doing it as the tape I used has fallen off twice meaning I've had to re-apply it a few times. 

I went to a meet last night and there was a black edition with the lower part of the diffuser fully wrapped in red, looked quite good so I'm thinking of doing it that way to my red edition.

IMG-20170326-WA0054.jpeg

Maybe not all the way across like this though, more like the one in this Instagram post: 

Im not sure about that, looks to thick compared to the other red detailing on the car, may have a shop around and see if I can get a thin strip sprayed on. Where abouts was the meet you went to? Although I think if you did get yours wrapped it would look better because obviously your cars red.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

I've not got them 'new look' pedal covers yet! but they are to be purchased to replace the older version. Picture attached of the ones on my car.

pedals 001.JPG

Let me know when they're on. I've been thinking about getting door sills for mine but I've been tempted by the light up ones as they are cool I think😂

29 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

pedals 001.JPG

I like them - are they bolt on? I've only got a style - done a few mods, these would look good

1 hour ago, Lewie226 said:

I like them - are they bolt on? I've only got a style - done a few mods, these would look good

No mate they aren't bolted on, the pedal covers come in six parts - three rubber covers & three stainless steel covers, the rubber aftermarket covers fit snugly over the steel pedals and then the stainless steel plate pushes over the rubber and the plates are securely held in place with 'tabs' which are bent to hold everything together.

These are the same type! 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Ford-New-Fieata-09-13-High-Quality-Stainless-steel-Car-Pedal-Pads-Cover-MT-AT/32224892652.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.30.PBWfn7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattyP97 said:

Im not sure about that, looks to thick compared to the other red detailing on the car, may have a shop around and see if I can get a thin strip sprayed on. Where abouts was the meet you went to? Although I think if you did get yours wrapped it would look better because obviously your cars red.

Yeah that was my one hesitation as well when I saw it, fingers crossed it will look better if it matches the body colour.

The meet was at the Maybird Shopping Centre in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Hosted by "All Mods". They do them every month I think, next one should be April 23rd. As far as I know they are always in Stratford.

Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/638992266293113/ 

6 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

No mate they aren't bolted on, the pedal covers come in six parts - three rubber covers & three stainless steel covers, the rubber aftermarket covers fit snugly over the steel pedals and then the stainless steel plate pushes over the rubber and the plates are securely held in place with 'tabs' which are bent to hold everything together.

These are the same type! 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Ford-New-Fieata-09-13-High-Quality-Stainless-steel-Car-Pedal-Pads-Cover-MT-AT/32224892652.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.30.PBWfn7

Thanks - I might order a set of these myself - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny|92 said:

Yeah that was my one hesitation as well when I saw it, fingers crossed it will look better if it matches the body colour.

The meet was at the Maybird Shopping Centre in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Hosted by "All Mods". They do them every month I think, next one should be April 23rd. As far as I know they are always in Stratford.

Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/638992266293113/ 

Hour and a half from me so not to bad, may make an apperence! Know anyone else on here that's got a black edition that's done mods to there's?

No Black Edition threads that immediately spring to mind, but in terms of a mk7.5 fiesta in general I'd recommend taking a look at @Tom-B64's build thread. Plenty of ideas to take away from that! 

• Like 1

I'll have a look, I briefly flicked through it when I first joined here, if I remember correctly he changed the bulbs on his, will see if I can find on there which bulbs he switched them all too! Finally managed to have someone at home today so my wind deflectors could be signed for so got them on now! S badges and dust caps in the post as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattyP97 said:

I'll have a look, I briefly flicked through it when I first joined here, if I remember correctly he changed the bulbs on his, will see if I can find on there which bulbs he switched them all too! Finally managed to have someone at home today so my wind deflectors could be signed for so got them on now! S badges and dust caps in the post as well.

Nice! If you ordered metal dust caps remember to lubricate them before putting them on otherwise they might seize on and be a nightmare to get off. I went with metal in the first place and somebody on here told me that, in the end I just decided to get some plastic ones instead and not worry about it.

8 minutes ago, Danny|92 said:

Nice! If you ordered metal dust caps remember to lubricate them before putting them on otherwise they might seize on and be a nightmare to get off. I went with metal in the first place and somebody on here told me that, in the end I just decided to get some plastic ones instead and not worry about it.

Yeah I saw about the metal ones on your thread so I ordered plastic! Could've been bad if we hadn't of found out.

• Like 1