Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Fiesta Titanium Onscreen Functions

auldreekie

After 15 years with the same Focus Ghia 1.8 tdi I am changing to  a 2014 Fiesta Titanium 1l ecoboost next week (currently reserved)  which I believe is 99bhp. I've now retired and most driving is now around town and outskirts, rarely motorway and maybe occasionally 50 mile round trip on a country road, no need for a bigger car these days.

Having a fancy dash with a computer type screen will be a new toy for me to play with, I'm just wondering what functions on it drivers who have had/got this model found most useful or annoying that made you disable a particular function.

Ok, I must be a bit/lot odd.

1/. I always disable stop/start

2/. I've disabled auto (rain sensing) wipers (i know how to switch them on when it rains), auto fold door mirrors (only used when needed to maximise time before failure), hill start assist (i can drive).

3/. I never use auto headlights

Why I decided on an ecoboost 125 Tit I don't know :biggrin:

If i'd realised the demo car was on 15's i'd have gone for those too.

Most annoying is the seatbelt bleep. Place say a shopping bag on the passenger seat and off it goes.

@winemart2 you are a bit odd lol

Ive got a titanium and use auto lights and auto wipers aswell as the powerfold mirrors with puddle lights i use it all and on last car i had the same and used them and never had a issue ever and that car was a 08 fiesta and had it for 3years! and had this car since 2014 and used it all and never had a issue either :D 

you will love the dab radio remember to adjust the sound settings properly depending on what music you listen too 
you will love the EATC (temp in car controller) its really good i had it set to low onway home from england and when i got out car it was like a chill box haha brilliant! 

most useful is the sync voice for me i keep all music on a usb pen then tell the radio to what channel i want or what track im listening too without taking my hands off the wheel! :D and lets not forget cruise control which is handy am trying to think of annoyances but a cant really think of any apart from erm........ the radio being slow at random times but apart from that enjoy! :D 

• Like 1

I'm toying with the idea of removing my phone pairing as the first time I tried out the voice control for making calls I thought my voicemail would be a good candidate to get me going... ended up phoning my local police station instead (luckily managed to hang up by frantically hitting cancel!!).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I'm toying with the idea of removing my phone pairing as the first time I tried out the voice control for making calls I thought my voicemail would be a good candidate to get me going... ended up phoning my local police station instead (luckily managed to hang up by frantically hitting cancel!!).

😁😁