Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA AUX SHUFFLE (64 plate)

Ryansm05

Hi all,

New to the forum and couldn't find this listed elsewhere. 

So I've purchased the above and this issue arises when I plug my iPhone into the aux port. When I play through the Speakers, regardless of which song I select, it then shuffles to another. I've tried on multiple devices too with the same issue? 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Does it shuffle after 5 seconds of playing or straight away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be shuffle selected on the phone surely? 

As far as I know through and aux port, the stereo wouldn't be able to control the phone. It's one way 

That would be shuffle selected on the phone surely? 
As far as I know through and aux port, the stereo wouldn't be able to control the phone. It's one way 

That's what I was thinking too. I wasn't sure if the OP meant it shuffles if he connects it to any device or the car stereo shuffles any device.

Thanks for the speedy responses.

It will typically shuffle after 1-2 seconds but occasionally I can get it to function as it should by removing the lead and re-inserting. However, I may get at best 4-5 songs and then the shuffling issue will sporadically commence once more? I should point out that when I say AUX, it is actually the USB port (my bad - slightly misleading title). 

If it was an issue with the iPhone I would have imagined that it would function correctly with other devices. However, the same issue is occurring on 3 separate devices?  

Thanks

Ryan

What cable are you using? It sounds as if you're bridging two of the pins in the phone somehow, like how the  earphones with the buttons work. Generally phones behave but some cables and jacks may have slightly different tolerances. I guess it would not be impossible for the car to be influencing this somehow, maybe through a ground loop too (especially if the phone is plugged into charge too).

You may need an iPhone aux adapter which will take the 4 pole TRRS jack to a TRS jack suitable for the car.

Right so you're using USB. According to the manual I think USB only fully  supports USB sticks or dedicated mp3 players. 

Probably something to do with file formats and formatting types. 

I recall my USB stick doing it with certain music files, but converted them to mp3 and it was fine 

Screenshot_20170330-080356.png

I had similar problems playing from USB stick, but turned Gracenote off and seems OK now. Worth a look?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had similar problems playing from USB stick, but turned Gracenote off and seems OK now. Worth a look?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ah, I remember hearing that about gracenote in the past. I have the sync2 and my wife plugs her iPhone in to the USB to charge it and it overrides whatever was on the unit to play her music, it plays as it should.