Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acceleration 2008 Zetec 1.6 D TDCI

Codliva87

Hi all

im a newbie so nice to meet you lovely people (hopefully)

i have recently purchased a 2008 plate Focus Zetec TDCi 1.6D

the issue I am having is when I am I first gear and accelerate it pulls slightly which is fine but when I go into second and put my foot down I don't really increase speed instead my revs just shoot up and I'm virtually red lining 

any help or advice would be massively appreciated 

luke

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that sounds like a bad case of clutch slip.

Is the car a 1.6TDCi as in your message or a 1.8TDCi, as in your profile and what is the mileage?

The clutch could be worn out due to abuse from a previous owner or it could be a leak of fluid from the slave cylinder. Either way it's a gearbox-off job.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous answer, assuming that the clutch pedal is not getting stuck on it's way up, which I appreciate is very unlikely. but before the gearbox is removed which is a lot of work, you should stick your head up where the cutch pedal is and ensure that there is nothing impeding the clutch pedal coming up or the rod coming out of the clutch master cylinder (which is linked to the clutch pedal).

everytime you drive it with the engine revving and the car not gaining speed is bringing the day nearer that the clutch will give no traction at all and will just not move the car. So if you need to use the car a few more days before fixing it you need to be gentle on the throttle and not cause the clutch slip