Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of joining the Ford Family

Craig3690

Hi All

So I am thinking of joining the Ford family. I'm after a Zetec estate and was hoping you guys could give me some advise or point me in the direction of similar posts

I'm looking to spend max £2000 as it's only going to be used ford about 15 miles a day. I have seen a few 2006 models with around 70K on the clock. 

Is there anything I should be looking out for fault wise? At what point should the cam belt be changed? 

I'll also be chucking my dogs in the boot and on occasion my lads bike, is the boot space good?

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Craig

depends on the engine your after, but at 70k and 11 years old, if the belt hasn't been changed, its probably worth doing sooner rather than later.

if your only doing 15 miles a day, 7.5 there and 7.5 back, then get yourself a petrol, itll take ~7 miles to get a diesel up to peak so there is no benefit at all in getting one.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at 1.6 petrol engine. Apart from the belt, is there anything else I should watch out for?

Water and or oil in the spark plug wells for a start. Rubber suspension bushes prone to early failure

The biggest thing to check is the engine pressure and you would have to remove all 4 spark plugs, and check the ends of each plug.

Also check for rust at the back of the car. But autosol and a metal brush can stop rust.

Some makes have a problem with instrument cluster, but you would have to talk to the experts on that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club