Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 observations & issues

rnem_uk

Just picked up my new Focus and have been playing with Sync 3...   I've found a few bugs/features so far.... (some may be in other sync versions too)

• If you have album art embedded in your MP3 files, it is completely ignored - even if you set priority to media and not gracenote.
    this is mentioned in the comments here - https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2016/06/28/ford-sync-album-art/

• The wrong 'artist' tag is used.  They've used Album Artist and not Track Artist.  This means Various Artists albums don't display correctly.

• When you connect an android phone (mine is LG G3) and select android auto, I get a popup on my screen that asks if I want to allow the computer to access data on my phone.  If I select yes, the process is cancelled, if you select no, the process is cancelled.  All I can do is ignore it - but if I ignore it, I then can't use hands free phone features to call anyone.  (in fact, it tells me to disconnect my phone and pick it up.... - nothing about pulling over, switching off the engine first...)

• If I use the build in navigation, I don't seem to be able to switch off the voice.  I can have voice, beeps, or voice with beeps.  I can only set volume at 4, and no lower.

• The screen seems to flicker - especially in night mode.

• Maps are out of date.  Nearest Ford Dealership (their own POI list) has Gowrings Reading (went into receivership Sept 2016).  Next nearest Wokingham/Finchampstead is listed in completely the wrong place (1 mile further down the road) - and it's been there for a long long time.  University Bridge over the M4 isn't there.  I really need Waze in Android Auto.

and one more, not directly related to Sync:

• 4 years after I reported it, the cruise control stills seems to want top pop up a speed in MPH ('Set MPH' message) even if the display is set for European travel (ie ODO in km).  I guess it might change automatically when you're in Europe based on GPS location (I doubt it though)

Do I just call Ford Customer Services to report some of these - or is there a bettter way to get the officially acknowledged?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been using sync 3 for a week of so, can't say I've noticed a flicking scree, also to mute the talking in navigation just tap the speaker icon, it should strike through the icon and it should then muted 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2017 at 2:57 PM, rnem_uk said:

When you connect an android phone (mine is LG G3) and select android auto, I get a popup on my screen that asks if I want to allow the computer to access data on my phone.  If I select yes, the process is cancelled, if you select no, the process is cancelled.  All I can do is ignore it - but if I ignore it, I then can't use hands free phone features to call anyone.  (in fact, it tells me to disconnect my phone and pick it up.... - nothing about pulling over, switching off the engine first...)

Ref this issue, I did a full reset of sync and removed from my phone.  After re-connecting, it now all works.  The only thing I did different was to not configure AA to autostart when connected.

• 2 months later...

Sync 3 is driving me nuts.

My Sync 3 is version 2.0 but I understand version 2.2 is available in North America. 

My Sync 3 has real issues with USB Memory Sticks, sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. I have tried 16Gb & 32GB, USB 2 & USB 3 formatted Fat 32 & NTFS.

No Issues with embedded Album Art, all showing OK.

Used MP3Tag to amend the Artist Name / Album Artist Name issue.

Everything else seems OK except once the drivers Heating controls changed the Passengers and visa versa, a Hard Reset solved that problem, I did see on "The Net" that others have had this issue.

Does album art work for flac? Has anybody tested....

I cannot answer, all mine are MP3's

• Like 1