Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge towing

llo2006

Hi guys I collect my brand new edge sport in bronze fire on Saturday, can't wait to get it. I've just got rid of my Audi A6 for this as I wasn't impressed with it when towing my caravan. I have a single axle abbey vogue2 530 with a MTPLW of 1465kg.

Do any of you guys tow caravans and if so what weight, also how do you find it tows?

Hi , I have a 2014 sterling quartz mtpl 1530, my edge titanium automatic tows really well,  have found that if you come to a sharp bend then hit a slight incline the gearbox takes its time changing down to a lower gear, but nothing to drastic to worry about,

2 hours ago, bluepeter said:

Hi , I have a 2014 sterling quartz mtpl 1530, my edge titanium automatic tows really well,  have found that if you come to a sharp bend then hit a slight incline the gearbox takes its time changing down to a lower gear, but nothing to drastic to worry about,

That's good to know then, would you say the whole outfit generally feels stable and planted rather than twitchy?

I towed mine (1300 kg ish) on Sunday and found it very stable. As Bluepeter says- the gearbox sounded like it was working quite hard on a steep ish hill- sounded like it went in first, but it did get up the hill!

My last car was an elderly 2.7 Range Rover sport which felt slower than the Edge when not towing- but felt more effortless when towing.

If think the edge will be a good towing car- 

I'm hoping the manual will make a good tow car, thank you for all your comments appreciate it. Can't wait to collect the car on Saturday 

Feels very stable at most speeds, put it on cruise control at 60mph and never missed a beat, would think the manual gearbox would be just as good to tow with, good luck anyways.

I tow a twin axle Bailey Cartagena at 1717kg plus Stella and other essentials , other than my "clunk" it tows no problem.