Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damaged Rear Subframe

Immoans

Hello Everybody,

I recently purchased a Ford Focus Sport 2006, 1.6L,

To cut a long story short, I passed my test 3 weeks ago, accidently ran over a concrete post (it was hidden in grass) and I've bent the rear subframe, my local formula one garage heated it up and kinda unbent it to some degree.

They suggested I replace it as according to them it's seriously weakened and it's going to cost me £700 for them to do it.

Now typically I don't trust them as I think they are just trying to make money off me.

Just looking for some general advice? I've found another subframe on eBay and was just wondering if its a long expensive job to get them changed?

I have attached a picture of the damage, obviously they unbent it since that photo to some degree.

Many Thanks

subframe1.jpeg

Well that's looks bad. :ohmy:.

Subframes for a Focus are cheap on eBay

You just need to make sure you get the correct type, for example brake type, drum or disc, level sensors for headlights etc. 

Most members on here have replaced the rear drums for discs but other modifications are required. But if you want straight swap getting the part is easy. If you get it complete, and there is no need to swap parts over like hubs. 

To fit an axle would cost around £100-150. You supply part. 

So the picture clearly shows the control blade/hub carrier mangled.Probably all the suspension arms twisted,strut,anti roll bar link and the list goes on.Yes there is a lot of work involved.Unless maybe the best way forward is to source a complete back end and fit in one go.Others of here may have a better way forward.Goodluck.

scrappy, find a complete arm and replace the lot, if its nackard that as bad as it looks, then there is a good chance something else has taken a beating.  I reckon you could find a complete arm for a hundred quid, need to get it all aligned tho

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club