Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mkIV Endura E running poor

FiFi

Hi y'all,

Q. any one come across a fiesta endura E multipont efi that runs poor? <_<

Idles a bit rough, almost like on 3 cylinders and struggles to get over 55mph! I know it's not a rocket machine but it used to do that speed easy!

Have checked plugs and they are all ok. (When we bought it it had a similar problem and two plugs needed changing as the ends were goosed! I t ran fine that time) :unsure:

It revs quite easy off load but doesn't want to pull and when you drop the acclerator off, the engine speed 'often' drops and occasionally stalls?

Any help, advice would be much appreciated! :lol:

Happy Xmas everyone, especially those that solve my conundrum! :rolleyes:

Steve

noticed any oil in water or water in oil?? The dipstick and filler cap inside will look like baileys cream??

If you have this then you are looking at headgasket.

Try 3rd gear at 30mph, boot it and if it misses like hell...looking at HT now...maybe a coil gone down.

Also, how many miles has it done? Last service and valve gap check?

Piggy :)

noticed any oil in water or water in oil?? The dipstick and filler cap inside will look like baileys cream??

Try 3rd gear at 30mph, boot it and if it misses like hell...looking at HT now...maybe a coil gone down.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and advice;

The water and oil both like like oil and water without anything else in there - nothing like Baileys Cream (thats in the bottle in the cupboard!)

Will try the 3rd gear at 30mph and see what happens.

Re the service; this was done about 4 months ago - new plugs, oil, filters etc and the valves adjusted to the info from these forums!

It's done about 85,000 miles.

Our son has it at the moment and has said that it 'seems' to have got better? <_< Unlikely i think, but does this help in identifying the fault? :unsure:

Hope to hear from you and aoplogies for the delay in reading your message; my p.c. was throwing a wobbler but all ok now!

Thanks again,

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Have checked it now and it's just REALLy sluggish.

Have checked all the spark plugs and No2 is crappy! All others are perfect.

Changed the leads and still the same.

Checked the spark to all plugs and all have cracking sparks except No2 which is a wimpy effort! Q. Will this be the problem and therefore is it the coil???

Have checked the plug on No2 and it is getting fuel like the other cylinders.

Cheers,

Hi y'all,

Q. any one come across a fiesta endura E multipont efi that runs poor? <_<

Idles a bit rough, almost like on 3 cylinders and struggles to get over 55mph! I know it's not a rocket machine but it used to do that speed easy!

Have checked plugs and they are all ok. (When we bought it it had a similar problem and two plugs needed changing as the ends were goosed! I t ran fine that time) :unsure:

It revs quite easy off load but doesn't want to pull and when you drop the acclerator off, the engine speed 'often' drops and occasionally stalls?

Any help, advice would be much appreciated! :lol:

Happy Xmas everyone, especially those that solve my conundrum! :rolleyes:

Steve

The fault you have is probably the idle speed control valve - easy diy to change, part costs about £40 from the dealer (was last time I did one). You can take it apart and clean it first, but seldom lasts, just fit a new one.

The fault you have is probably the idle speed control valve - easy diy to change, part costs about £40 from the dealer (was last time I did one). You can take it apart and clean it first, but seldom lasts, just fit a new one.

Hi,

Many thanks for that; will try one and post results of how I get on!

Cheers again, ;)