Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Power Steering problem

Robert22

Hello all

I have a Ford Ka Style 57 plate which has roughly 48k miles. However the power steering feels a tad on the heavy side compared to other cars i have driven such as a Renault and Vauxhall. what i mean on the heavy side is the steering feels next to impossible to turn with one hand and turning with 2 hands feels like i am putting more force then i actually need. If i get in another car, i'm just shocked how easy it is to turn. After driving my own car and getting into another, it feels like i'm holding a bag of feathers. I feel its just me but after getting another opinion. My brother said "Wow it feels slightly on the heavy side.Its got power steering but i'm not used to this. I could not get out of my own car and instantly drive this" others have said their is nothing wrong with it. I have checked the power steering fluid its just below "full" however sticking my finger in and checking the colour it seems off.

i am unsure if this is a common in all Ka's of this age but for almost 50k miles i would of expected it to last for another 50k.

Thanks in advance

17619501_10210927310010095_1848989611_n.jpg

17619274_10210927310090097_426756773_n.jpg

without doing a process of elimation it good be drive belt, power steering pump or even the rack itself.

is there any whinning noise at all ?

is it on full lock or part lock it feels heavy

Hi i agree with your previous answer - hes right it could be the stering pump, however that fluid does look ***** so I'd be getting that changed first - then see how it feels, and if it's still as stiff as you say, then get a free check done at kwick fit - they don't all say yes - something needs doing just to get the work, but the steering on the Ka is (power assisted) not power steering and is heavier than other cars. (but not as heavy as your description)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

also agree with guy above on changing fluid, but is worth a free check up if can get

has the car been like it since you had it or recently ?