Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High pressure fuel fault

Stillwaters69

Hi I've got a fuel pressure fault on my Sport KA which is causing the engine management light to come on, the garage attached a diagnostic fault reader to find out why the light was on, and it came up with a fault code that apparently says high fuel PRESSURE fault - it is using a bit of fuel and i can sometimes smell petrol.

Does anybody know what this might be - as the garage hasn't a clue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

did they give you a code for the fault

with id being high fuel pressure

just a few quick things as my streetka seemed to be burning fuel, but upon a oi/oil filter/fuelfilter change im finding its running alot better.

when was your last service and did garage check the injectors ?

Hi,
No he just looked up the code and said it was listed as a high pressure fuel fault - and said try changing your fuel pump - yeah course (not) £150 and it might not be the pump, the last service was in November - oil + filter, k&n and air filter was again K&n early last year.
I've just bought a k&n cleaner & egr cleaner - but the car gets better fuel economy on Motorway - 35 mpg, around town 15-20 mpg, it's de-cated and 120bhp

Oh sorry no they didn't check the injectors.

that not bad for the street ka at what you said " fuel economy on Motorway - 35 mpg, around town 15-20 mpg, it's de-cated and 120bhp"

what are you running to get 120bhp ?

your fuel is spot on, on the motoway, town is always going be worse

this should clear a few things, but dont forget when a car is older it does loose abit

http://www.parkers.co.uk/ford/streetka/roadster-2003/specs/

I would change your fuel filter if it hasnt been done and by you saying it hasnt

I hiope this helps

Thanks for that, I'm running a Steve Wyndom Racing kit - 4-2-1 four branch racing exhaust manifold - fast road cam - pre mapped unichip piggy back ECU. Plus a custom built - free flow exhaust system with no cat.
I've also had to extend the lamba wires although the second lamba is deleted in the map.
The torque is is now up to 150 Nm and when I raced a focus off the lights the wheels didn't stop spinning till I put it in second gear at 70mph.

Custom exhaust I had in place of reversing light

Screenshot_20170328-214715.jpg