Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Salomon Brand Footware? Anyone own/use a pair?

GMX

I'm needing to buy some new hiking boots, my current pair from Berghaus have rather become rather worn down with the soles almost smooth rather than treaded:ohmy:  Leading to unexpected surprise sliding about whilst out with Pipper.

I prefer the lighter and more performance orientated Goretex based upper with dual density EVA type sole: to the more traditional walking boot.  I normally look at paying between £150-£200 for a pair, you really do get what you pay for with hiking boots: I've found.  Particularly when a typical long stroll is cross terrain multi surface walk of 30+ miles and repeated the following day

Whilst looking at what was available and recommended on various web sites, I keep coming across the Salomon brand.  Which i have to say, I've not heard of before:unsure:

Both these boots, certainly fit my preferences

http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/quest-origins-2-gtx.html?article=390271

http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/quest-4d-2-gtx.html?article=373259

Anyone happen to own/use a pair of Salomon boots?

39 minutes ago, GMX said:

I'm needing to buy some new hiking boots, my current pair from Berghaus have rather become rather worn down with the soles almost smooth rather than treaded:ohmy:  Leading to unexpected surprise sliding about whilst out with Pipper.

I prefer the lighter and more performance orientated Goretex based upper with dual density EVA type sole: to the more traditional walking boot.  I normally look at paying between £150-£200 for a pair, you really do get what you pay for with hiking boots: I've found.  Particularly when a typical long stroll is cross terrain multi surface walk of 30+ miles and repeated the following day

Whilst looking at what was available and recommended on various web sites, I keep coming across the Salomon brand.  Which i have to say, I've not heard of before:unsure:

Both these boots, certainly fit my preferences

http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/quest-origins-2-gtx.html?article=390271

http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/quest-4d-2-gtx.html?article=373259

Anyone happen to own/use a pair of Salomon boots?

Not boots, but the brand in general, yes absolutely! :biggrin:

I swear by them now. I've had two pairs of walking shoes from them. My last pair were so good (lasted me since summer of 2014, and countless miles), so I went out and bought another pair during the 2016 winter sales. 

Absolutely chuffed with them - the first one was like walking on pillows, and the second one isn't quite up there, but are still very comfortable (8/10), and also much better looking than the first. Both are extremely lightweight. Also, both were/are of the "Quicklace" type - i.e. they don't have conventional shoelaces, which I love about it. Kinda like Ford's heated windscreens, saves you a lot of time :thumbup:

I would assume their boots must be of the same quality. 

• Like 2

My last 3 pairs of boots were Salomon.
My latest pair have done 16 months so far and still going strong.
I used to use Merrell but they changed the toecap shape and became uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

In that case, it just matter of deciding between the quest 4D 2 gtx pair and the origins 2 gtx pair.

Make sure you try on with thick socks, they can be a bit snug.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having found the two nearest stockist, only do Salomon's snow related footware and not the whole range:ohmy:, i had to go to east Bournemouth where the Cotswold Stores have an outlet, to try each pair before deciding.

Having walked the length of the store in both pairs, i decided on the Quest 4D 2 GTX

On 01/04/2017 at 3:34 AM, Stoney871 said:

Make sure you try on with thick socks, they can be a bit snug.

That was good advice Clive:smile:

With my thick walking socks I needed to go up half a size, my normal size was a bit too snug with them on

• Like 1

I know my boots & am very choosy.
Glad you're all kitted out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Salomon walking shoes i use for work and general walking around. Can't fault them at all, but then i did only pay £20 for them! 

Best boots I've had by far are my Altbergs. I've got a pair of Defenders (army issue) and could wear them all day, every day. My motorcycle boots are also Altbergs. Fantastic quality boots, and the guys who make them are full of knowledge and laughs! I visited them to get my bike boots custom made, due to my small feet. Couldn't have asked for better service

• Like 2