Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Fiesta Titanium

auldreekie

...Well not exactly new.

Got my 2014 focus titanium few hours ago and still finding my way through the settings, 3 questions from a newbie with all the new gadgets in car...new for me anyway.

1: Stop/Start which seems to do what its supposed to do (once warmed up) but rev counter does not drop to zero, it remains about idling speed revs, is this normal?

2: does the tit 1.0L ecoboost come with alarm as standard? I'm not sure if this has a alarm, doesn't chirp as you lock the car although indicators flash twice when locking. Any way to check if it is alarmed without breaking a window :-)

3: Sony Dab radio works fine, Can I stream music via Spotify on my iPhone to the car Speakers?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auldreekie said:

...Well not exactly new.

Got my 2014 focus titanium few hours ago and still finding my way through the settings, 3 questions from a newbie with all the new gadgets in car...new for me anyway.

1: Stop/Start which seems to do what its supposed to do (once warmed up) but rev counter does not drop to zero, it remains about idling speed revs, is this normal?

2: does the tit 1.0L ecoboost come with alarm as standard? I'm not sure if this has a alarm, doesn't chirp as you lock the car although indicators flash twice when locking. Any way to check if it is alarmed without breaking a window :-)

Sorted, Locked myself inside popped the bonnet and alarm started.

3: Sony Dab radio works fine, Can I stream music via Spotify on my Iphone to the car speakers?

Appreciate advice on questions 1 & 3 though.

...Well not exactly new.

3: Sony Dab radio works fine, Can I stream music via Spotify on my Iphone to the car speakers?

Congrats on the new car!

1: Hmm not sure if that is normal, in my Zetec S when the car enters "stop" mode I'm sure the revs drop too 0, surely that is the whole point of it? To turn the engine off.

2: I see you did exactly what I was just about to recommend :D

3: Yeah, the car should have bluetooth I'm guessing which allows you to sync up your iPhone with the car. If for some reason it doesn't have bluetooth you should just be able to connect it via an AUX cord.

Thanks Danny, I wasnt sure if  some onboard computer thing held the rev counter at idling while in stop mode ready for restart.

It has bluetooth, maybe I've went about it the wrong way, old car had bluetooth radio which was straightforward when streaming from Spotify

Thanks Danny, I wasnt sure if  some onboard computer thing held the rev counter at idling while in stop mode ready for restart.

It has bluetooth, maybe I've went about it the wrong way, old car had bluetooth radio which was straightforward when streaming from Spotify

Hmm, maybe the Titanium is different from the Zetec S but to me it seems to make the feature redundant if the engine is kept on anyway.

YouTube is your friend, if you have the Sony system, maybe this video will help :)

Nice find Danny thanks, I'll try that in the morning.

• Like 1

Yes, the revs should definitely drop to zero as the engine cuts out. You say the system is working, how do you know? If the car meets all the required criteria for the stop/start to function then at rest it should cut out completely. You are taking the car out of gear and releasing the clutch aren't you? Sorry if that's patronising.

Spotify will play via bluetooth or USB. Once you connect via USB the stereo normally switches to that output straight away, if it is bluetooth then you need to pair the phone and press the AUX button until your device appears, then press play on Spotify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When the start/stop is working, and you take it out of gear and take your foot off the clutch, you should see a little green A with a circle around it appear in between the speed and rev dial, thats how you know its turned off with the start/stop. Its also dependant on if you have the air con and things on as sometimes it won't turn off it something needs the engine running.