Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 1.6 TDCI lack of power after changing injector seals

Thegodlynub

Hello everyone,

I have a 56 plate Fiesta zetec s 1.6 tdci, I had one injector leaking so I replaced all 4 seals/copper washer.

Started with no problems after the change, but now it lacks of power, I would say around 30% Less. so its very noticeable but still drivable.

Tho I did remove the injectors carefully and replaced the parts without touching the tip, but my guess would be that one of the injectors is now slightly damaged. Anyone else come across this or could point me to a software were I can check the fuel flow/values of each individual injector? I do have focom but doesn't have the capability of doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

did you make sure each injector went back in the same hole it came out of? the ECU is programmed with the individual injector codes that went in each cylinder.

it might be a bit late to say this. on my 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci each time an injector seal started leaking (they all did one at a time at different mileages) I did the retaining bolts up tighter which cured it. my brother now has the car and one has started leaking again but it lasted about 50k miles from when i did it up tighter. 

• Like 1

Yea, I took them out one by one and they were out no longer than 5 minutes per injector.

thanks

Put the injectors in a hydroponic tank give them a good clean and make sure those big rubber o rings r seated properly 

• 1 month later...

Whats the mileage on the car? could be blocked nozzles on the injectors.

You can purchase new nozzles from Darwen diesels to replace the blocked ones.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club